• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Which current D&D settings have you used outside the published adventures?

Which setting do you continue to use?

• Forgotten Realms (multiple)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Saltmarsh (Greyhawk)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Curse of Strahd (Ravenloft)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Wildemount

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eberron

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Theros (trick question it’s not out yet!)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Ravnica

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • One of the MtG / D&D pdf crossovers by James Wyatt

• Avernus

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Did you continue to adventure in Ravenloft after Curse of Strahd? Do you have a home brew Eberron campaign?

Which of the current D&D setting books/adventures have you continued with after (or instead of) using the published adventure portion?

(ie not a completely homebrewed Dragonlance campaign — you have to be using an existing 5E book)

My group had campaigns in both the Forgotten Realms and Eberron. The 2016 Eberron campaign lasted for a year and a half and was completely homebrew. Shortly before the pandemic hit, we came back to Eberron with a game that incorporated Eberron: rising from the last war.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
For D&D 5e, I've run Planescape and Eberron campaigns in addition to settings of my own making. Planescape completed in 2018 and Eberron will be wrapped up this Friday!

R_J_K75

Legend
Forgotten Realms. Ive mined some of the 5E books mostly DotMM, albeit minimally. I started my last 5E FR campaign in Waterdeep with the maodule "Rats of Waterdeep" of DMs Guild, then homebrewed a lot until the Undermountain adventure came out. That game ended do to players having to drop out and Im running a current 5E FR game set in Cormyr.

opacitizen

Explorer
I never use published modules (though I may steal a monster or an NPC sometimes from here and there), so I guess none of these, unless SCAG counts. I guess it counts, right?

I've never been a fan of metaplot (in any rpg), and always loved designing my own parallel universe takes on official settings (besides creating my own homebrew worlds, of course.)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Looking forward to Dark Sun for official.
At the moment I'm using some of the DS items in the Resources section of EnWorld (shameless plug - but it doesn't count against me because it's other peoples' stuff !) and a bunch of things I collected from hither thither and yon while playing through the 4e Ashes of Athas living campaign.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I’m currently running a campaign set in Eberron. Okay, technically it’s on hold because of the current pandemic.

After that campaign is done, I plan to move over to Greyhawk. In building a Greyhawk campaign, I have found that I like it much better than Eberron.

Of course, if Dark Sun is officially released for 5e...

NiClerigo

Adventurer
I’ve been DMing in Eberron from the very beginnings of 5e. Of course, I’ve integrated Wayfinder’s and Rising from the Last War. It is a brilliant setting -and of course, I am looking forward to Keith Baker’s Exploring Eberron!

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I checked Theros because my finale is set there and was inspired by the M:tG setting so I think it counts :)

Remove ads