• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which D&D splatbooks are the most useful?

Which D&D splatbooks are the most useful?

• Defenders of the Faith

Votes: 27 20.8%
  • Song and Silence

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Sword and Fist

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • Tome and Blood

Votes: 76 58.5%
  • Masters of the Wild

Votes: 68 52.3%

• Poll closed .

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I'm holding off on any more fighter books since I have the Quint fighter from Mongoose. BUT I am getting the Fighter/Barbarian Handbook from S&SS for Scarred Lands. Hey they haven't failed me yet! :D ;)

But definately get Masters of the Wild. It's a good and useful WotC handbook. At least compared to the others.

Crothian

First Post
Nightfall said:
I'm holding off on any more fighter books since I have the Quint fighter from Mongoose. BUT I am getting the Fighter/Barbarian Handbook from S&SS for Scarred Lands. Hey they haven't failed me yet! :D ;)

When is that coming out? And are they doing all the classes in their own books?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Crothian said:

When is that coming out? And are they doing all the classes in their own books?

Oh I thought you heard about this at the S&SS chat, Crothy.

K. Let me explain. These handbooks will not be as general as the WotC ones BUT they will still be able to be ported elsewhere, like R&R1 and R&R2 stuff. The books themselves won't be out until 2003. The first one is for Sorcerers, Wizards and Bards. After that Fighters and Barbarians, then Clerics and Druids, Rangers and Rogues and finally to finish out the core classes, Monk and Paladin. There's also the possibility if these sell well, of Psion and Psychic Warrior as well. The Sorcerer section in that first handbook (tentatively due out in February of 2003 Joseph said in chat), is being written by Kevin "Pirate Cat" Kulp. Ethan Skemp and Mike Gill are doing the other two (though which ones I don't know.) Plus Joseph and a few other freelancers added a few things to these books but they need to be edited yet BEFORE it all goes in.

Crothian

First Post
Nightfall said:
Sokay Crothy. Just though you might attend the ones with the publishers for some reason...

I used to goto chats with publishers adn meet them at cons, but then after some bad expereinces with some that had been really cool before, I just got burnt out on it. :(

Remove ads