• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer to be?

• Player

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • GM/DM

Votes: 32 76.2%

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I can only honestly say GM because I put so much effort into being one and will happily go long periods GMing without being a player in any campaign, but have never gone long periods only playing but not GMing.

I also love to play and wish I had more time and opportunities to be a player.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
I voted for GM/DM, but lately I've been really itching to be a player again. Getting somebody else in our group to step up and take over is going to be difficult methinks.

SableWyvern

Adventurer
I've been almost exclusively a GM for the entirety of my TTRPG career, and I much prefer it. I count myself lucky that there are no players in my group who are both eager and able to run their own games, so I get to stay in the GM chair and run pretty much anything I want.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
My preference is to be the DM (or GM, or Storyteller, or Lore Keeper, or...)

But I'm also very happy to roll up a character, write a backstory, and play. I don't need to be the GM to enjoy the game.

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
I think that I like being a player more, but has not happened outside of the local convention since 3e days. I enjoy being a DM, but my first instinct looking at the question was player.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
I enjoy both but if I had the choice I would be the GM. Although I enjoy playing, I often find that I feel I don't have enough control over what happens. As the GM I have access to everything to make things more fun.

Remove ads