• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which Edition(s) do you regularly play?

What D&D Edition(s) do you play regularly?

• Original (1974) D&D

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Holmes D&D

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • B/X D&D

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • BECMI/RCA D& D

Votes: 10 6.2%
  • AD&D 1E

Votes: 31 19.3%
  • AD&D 2E

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • AD&D 2E with Skills and Powers

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • D&D 3.0

• D&D 3.5

Votes: 52 32.3%
  • D&D 4E

Votes: 49 30.4%
  • D&D 4E Essentials

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Pathfinder

Votes: 70 43.5%
  • I play a retro-clone of the game I picked

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I do not play D&D

• I am too awesomely complex for your puny poll.

Votes: 16 9.9%

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
The re-release of 3.5 got me wondering what editions people are actually playing.

Note that this is not a poll about quality or anything else. I am simply curious what people are actually playing at the table. More than one answer is okay.

Also note that "regularly" is sort of variable and should be translated as "not just at cons and game days."

Treebore

First Post
I play the retro clone of 1974 OD&D, Swords and Wizardry Complete, and am even backing the current Kickstarter, but until recently I was also playing 1E AD&D, not OSRIC. My other games are all Castles and Crusades, plus one of Eclipse Phase.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I play a 3.5E game, with plenty of houserules. I use the BattleSystem rules from the Rules Cyclopedia for handling siege warfare and mass combat, though, so I checked that box as well.

Serendipity

Explorer
Atm, I'm not actually playing D&D (running a BRP supers game and playing Savage Worlds in the Day After Ragnarok setting) but in the last year I've played some 1e AD&D and spent most of the last year running my Swords & Wizardry homebrew.
Plans to continue S&W and a later game using the Dark Dungeons rulebook are swirling about however.

VariSami

First Post
D&D 3.5 all the way. Though I wouldn't object to a Pathfinder campaign and 4th edition is fun for a change. I need to put all the sourcebooks I own to good use, though. 50+ 3.5 books is no joke to have lying around.

Greg K

Legend
My main game for non-supers is Savage Worlds. However, when we play D&D, I run a house ruled 3e that includes:

1. variants from the DMG and Unearthed Arcana, the Cityscape web enhancement urban/wilderness skill swap, Complete Champion spell less Paladin and Ranger variants, the OA Shaman (replaces the monk) and very little else WOTC outside of some BOVD and monster and environment books (Pretty much there is a heavy ban on WOTC supplements)

2. Several third party supplements
3. Some of my own house rules (e.g., multiclassing, class variants, banned spells, spell variants, etc.)

Dice4Hire

First Post
My face to face is 4E

Via Yahoogroups I run and playing 3.5

Via Yahoogroups I run Labyrinth Lord. (More or less 1E)

I am pretty happy with that mix right now.

3.5 is our most common go-to game. Heck, right now we're in a somewhat heavily houseruled game of 3.5 that is serving us for a Star Wars game. Why aren't we using the d20 Star Wars rules? I asked that too, but hey, it wasn't my turn to run.

Our last game before that was d20 Past. Our last game before that was Call of Cthulhu (BRP version.) We've also played one-shots of Old School Hack and Dread.

And before that, fairly standard 3.5. After we finish this Star Wars houseruled 3.5, we'll probably play standard 3.5 again.

Clearly the plurality of our gaming, if not necessarily the majority, is in 3.5.

Asatru

First Post
Second edition due to the pretty artwork and the skills & powers for variety. Pathfinder also because of the artwork (though I really don't like the Goblins artwork style) it also fixes some OP junk so that is a plus.

Lastly I enjoy Fifth edition because getting to playtest games is a awesome thing :) I just hope that the artwork is in the style of say...the black cover PHB for Second edition.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads