• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which of the following WotC "options" have you used in your campaign?

Which of the following WotC 'options' have you used?

• Epic

Votes: 74 28.2%
  • Vile

Votes: 124 47.3%
  • Savage

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • None

Votes: 99 37.8%

Krug

Newshound
Vile, Savage (as in Savage Species) and Epic; have you actually used them in your campaign?

Last edited:

Fenes 2

First Post
None of them. While I run rather mature games, I don't need gross crunch from the BoVD. I also aim to run epic campaigns in scope and deeds, not number-crunching and stat-inflation. Savage Species has the best chances to get used one day, but the occasion has not yet come up.

FungiMuncher

First Post
I've already included some of the Savage Species stuff - anthropomorphic animal races are common in my campaign, and I've introduced a couple of fairies with reduced CRs. I'm also thinking about a "prestige" class based off of the minotaur progression - it's a curse, actually (well, not really that either, if a character is after that...)

The epic stuff I'll include for the big bad guys, but that'll be a long way off.

I have no interest in the BoVD.

FM

Sir Whiskers

First Post
My experience is almost identical to Fenes' - I was very disappointed in the ELH and haven't even looked at the BOVD. A friend just picked up SS for me, and after a quick read-through I'm seriously considering adding a couple savage npc's: a lizardfolk paladin (with the sublime and reforged templates from The Avatar's Handbook) and a centaur fighter. Generally, before adding something potentially disruptive, I try to add it as an npc - then a player isn't upset if his new character has to be seriously reworked or trashed entirely.

Kerrick

First Post
We've got all three, but our DM was rather disappointed with BoVD ("WotC tries to scare a nun," was the way he put it). The ELH is a joke, but useful for creating and adapting our own epic rules. We haven't used SS yet, and I doubt we will in game - we bought it more for reference purposes than anything.

Last edited:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I extensively use SS as a player and a DM...it's one of the awesomest packs of awesome (in general) that I know of. :)

BoVD gets big use out of me DMing, since some of the stuff in there is truly uniquely wicked (a monster that can make you taste the flesh it's eating...little mechanical value, but SWEET!).

Epic gets used the least, but my players are getting into the Level 15 range, and epic baddies are the best way to challenge them with 'boss-level' encounters.

Yes. I use all three and I love them. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads