Which of these old school modules are worth getting?

Which of the following modules are worth buying?

• B6 Veiled Society

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • C1 Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • C2 Ghost Tower of Inverness

Votes: 59 53.2%
  • I1 Dwellers of the Forbidden City

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • I2 Tomb of the Lizard King

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth

Votes: 69 62.2%
  • X2 Castle Amber

Votes: 51 45.9%
  • X8 Drums on Fire Mountain

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • X12 Skarda's Miror

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Poll closed .

tomBitonti

Adventurer
If you don't mind, can you supply me with a good overview of X8? What sets it apart? Why is one of your all time favorite modules?

The module is set on an island which is populated with lizardmen, set in the ruins of a older civilization.

There are puzzles (figure out which glyph to press to open a secret door), traps, and encounters throughout.

The cartography is excellent.

I'll see if I can dig up my copy -- I should still have it around somewhere, and I should be able to describe it a bit better.

You might also take a look at the UK1-3 modules (Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh, Danger at Dunwater, and The Final Enemy, cf: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

See also:

List of Basic Dungeons & Dragons supplemental material - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And:

Category:Greyhawk modules - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The module is set on an island which is populated with lizardmen, set in the ruins of a older civilization.

There are puzzles (figure out which glyph to press to open a secret door), traps, and encounters throughout.

The cartography is excellent.

I'll see if I can dig up my copy -- I should still have it around somewhere, and I should be able to describe it a bit better.
Hmm, lizardmen... I like lizardmen! Looking forward to whatever else you can tell me. ;)

grodog

Hero
The store did have a copy of WG5, but it wasn't one of the modules I was considering at the moment, so I didn't seriously look at it.

Quick correction: WG4 and S4 are related; WG5 while an excellent module and IMO stronger than either of the other two singly, is not related to either (other than being set in GH).

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quick correction: WG4 and S4 are related; WG5 while an excellent module and IMO stronger than either of the other two singly, is not related to either (other than being set in GH).
Ahh, see now that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Remove ads