• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Which one monstrous race would you like stats for?

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Half-Elf Half-Orc. They're both genetically compatible with humans, so they're probably genetically compatible with each other.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
Half-Elf Half-Orc. They're both genetically compatible with humans, so they're probably genetically compatible with each other.
Nope, the two hate each other so much that even their blood fights. It's a common sport on ships to put a drop of blood from each into a glass of water and bet on the winner. =)

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
This is just me, but I don't see the need for new lizardfolk stats.

Take dragonborn. Make the breath weapon a poison spittle. Give them resistance based on the environment they come from. Change the flavor/description. Boom, you have workable lizardfolk. :)

I don't really see lizardfolk having a Charisma bonus. Lizardfolk also traditionally have a swim speed (or some similar benefit for desert- and jungle-dwelling folk).

Both races have scales and sharp teeth, but that's about all they have in common. Dragonborn don't even have tails! I think by the time you are done modifying dragonborn to look anything like lizardfolk, you basically have new racial stats. ;)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
To be fair to the designers, the Lizardfolk in the DMG *are* playable (unlike most of the races there, which are decidedly underpowered), and are capable of some pretty impressive builds (+3 natural armour).

But because the whole table is so untested and seemingly arbitrary, it is specious to separate the one or two viable designs in the bunch.

Now they're not the lizard folk that excite me (+2 STR, -2 INT?), but I do think they could work, unlike most on that list.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads