• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Which one monstrous race would you like stats for?

Corpsetaker

First Post
Which monstrous race would you like to see stats for? Only one please.

For me it's the Hobgoblin. I am planning on making an area of my homebrew world very "asian themed" and I want Hobgoblins to be the primary race. The picture of the Hobgoblin in the Monster Manual dressed in the samurai armour really inspired me and I really would like some official stats so I can do an all Hobgoblin theme.

SailorNash

Explorer
Lizardfolk would be my vote. I know it's in the DMG table, but would still like to see it as a player race.

Other than that, I'd second Medusa for races not already in that table. Though yeah, it would be a bit hard to balance properly.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Medusa.
Except that would be too powerful.
So Medusa-kin/Half-Medusa.

I'd also want to see a Medusa; Medusa and Merfolk are tied at the top for me, but I've already finished homebrewing a 5e Merfolk race (which I should maybe repost over here since WotC's forums are going down).

As for it being too powerful, I'm not really sure. The major sticking point is the execution of the stone gaze in relatively close quarters (because enemies can look a Medua right in the eyes as long as they are beyond the range of the gaze attack).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads