Which PDF Publishers sell direct from their Websites?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Let's just nip this in the bud before it goes further - you both have valid points, but this isn't the thread for this particular discussion gentlemen. :)

But yes, having more than one PDF distribution company is good for the industy. It's good to learn about another option in the EU.

On a related note, I learned this week that OBS allows publishers with exclusivity agreements to still sell directly from their Web sites in their own stores (which most of you here already knew). While I'm not a big fan of exclusivity agreements, I think this policy is more than fair because it protects both the consumer and publisher if for some reason the customer decide they do not wish to purchase through a particular distributor anymore but still wish to purchase the publisher's products. Very cool. :)

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
You know, I'm normally not vitriolitic at all; I'm not sure what came over me with that post. I mean, what I said still stands, but normally I would have found a more diplomatic way of stating them.

In any case, I still agree, the option of a new store, especially one solely focused on targeting the European market, is a great one, and I would like to hear more about it rather than any offhanded comments about OBS.

(And to tie it all in) Highmoon Media Productions is in the process of getting a store up on our site. It probably won't be operational till the new year, so it rolls out with the site redesign, but it's coming.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
HalWhitewyrm said:
You know, I'm normally not vitriolitic at all; I'm not sure what came over me with that post. I mean, what I said still stands, but normally I would have found a more diplomatic way of stating them.

No worries, Daniel - you're a good egg. :)

Prest0

First Post
FWIW, I installed ZenCart yesterday afternoon. To my great delight, it was one of the standard "fantastico" options offered by my webhost, so installation was sinfully easy. ...Then I got into the admin area. To be honest, I'm kinda overwhelmed by the sheer number of options that I have to sort through. I'm sure it's great to have all that flexibility, but right now it's just overwhelming. I don't really know where to start. Can anyone point me to a walkthrough? I'd love a guide that stepped you through all the basic things you want to do to set up your own store-- update the store name and welcome text, add your categories and remove unnecessary ones, add products, etc. I'm not worried about the actual look yet. I know I can plow through the CSS when the time comes. I'm more concerned about how to set things up to my liking without missing anything important.

And if there was ever an interface that needed to go AJAX, it's ZenCart's admin system.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Man I love Fantastico! I have been doing some work behind the scenes on my site and it's been so freakin easy thanks to it. I'm in the same boat as you, now having to figure out Zen Cart, so if you find or get recommended good tutorials, please pass them on.

I too am trying to figure out Zencart. I'm still trying to figure out how to link virtual product descriptions to a file on the server and why my test account is apparrently not in the right zone to allow Paypal. :(

Remove ads