• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which PDF Publishers sell direct from their Websites?

philreed said:
I must look like the village idiot. It seems as if everyone here can use these programs except me.
Picking up something like a beginner's guide to PHP would likely straighten out a lot of things because it would give you a basis to recognize what's going on. That's what I did when I first started looking into forum software.

Ghostwind

First Post
philreed said:
I must look like the village idiot. It seems as if everyone here can use these programs except me.

Things Every New Zenner Needs to Know
http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37835

Phil, there are aspects of this program that escape me, but I think the Zen Cart forums will eventually answer everything I need with time. It's already helped me a lot and I'm just 2 days into it. :)

I suspect it is something you can set up if you want once you get past the learning curve. The program relies very strongly on CSS layout sheets if that gives you any indication of where it is headed.

GMSkarka

Explorer
Adamant Entertainment will also be adding a webstore to our site....but first, we'll need to hire a developer to re-design the site and implement the webstore.

This is a paid, continuing position -- An initial payment, plus royalties on all sales made through the web-store.

Interested parties should contact me directly at gms@adamantentertainment.com, with the URL of an example of your site design work. We can then discuss our needs in more detail.

HinterWelt

First Post
Steve Conan Trustrum said:
Picking up something like a beginner's guide to PHP would likely straighten out a lot of things because it would give you a basis to recognize what's going on. That's what I did when I first started looking into forum software.
Good suggestion but I can appreciate that Phil may not have the time to paw through some of those Wrox size books.

Phil, it really is much more simple than you might think, especially if you have a host. I just make it sound scary because I do this stuff freelance. :p I am white and nerdy.

Bill

HinterWelt said:
Good suggestion but I can appreciate that Phil may not have the time to paw through some of those Wrox size books.
Actually, I'd suggest he try and find an e-book version on the cheap. I found I only needed the first 2 chapters. The rest was all advanced stuff that wasn't necessary, but the first two chapters taught me enough to know where to look to customize with graphics, colors, code-dropping, etc.

Last edited:

Geoff

First Post
Could one of you gents that are adept a Zencart please drop me an email; my address is in my signature below.

Thanks...

We (Silven Publishing) sell our products on our website (soon to be upgraded) as well as OBS, E23, Arima, Digital Book Booth, and others. This is, of course, in addition to our print supplements which are sold under an imprint with Mongoose and are available (as of today) at all major vendors.

Bacris

First Post
HinterWelt said:
That was what I was asking about linklock for. I have heard of some publishers using it as a link manager for sales. Using Paypal's IPN API you can have it return to a php page (or java :) ) and have it trigger the program after transaction confirmation. It is kind of complex. I have used it in four implementations to date an none of them went particularly smoothly.

So, anyone using linklock?

Bill

I have to admit, using Fantastico and both OSCommerce and Virtuemart, I've had very smooth setups. I ran a test sale through each first and validated they both worked (or figured out what was broken when it didn't)... I didn't find it too difficult, but I am a computer programmer by trade, so I suppose that has something to do with it.

The only problem I encountered was putting the download file in the wrong spot and VirtueMart not supporting 0 for expiration (in OSCommerce, 0 = never expire).

Oh, and I noticed PaleHorse say he had a 13% paypal fee - as your sale prices are higher, that % should drop - there's a .30 built-in fee for normal Business Accounts. On higher dollar amounts, it'll drop to 10% or lower, to about 2-3%.

For example, on our $5.00 PDFs, the paypal fee is 10% (.50), but when two are bought in the same slae, the fee drops to around 7-8%.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I've updated the list in the first post with e-store "coming soon" publishers.

Let me know if you want to be added as "coming soon". :)

Remove ads