• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

which realm is your game set in?

Which setting is your game set in?

• Greyhawk

Votes: 26 11.2%
  • Forgotten Realms

Votes: 52 22.3%
  • Scarred Lands

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Kalamar

Votes: 15 6.4%
  • Home Brew

Votes: 93 39.9%
  • Other

Votes: 39 16.7%

Ron

Explorer
I usually homebrew, but my last campaign was set in Greyhawk. I personally like to run games in Greyhawk as the world is much less detailed than other alternatives. It is easy to pick a region and develop it to my liking, not being worried about players complaining that my game is diverging from something written in a official book. Also, unlike the Realms, I feel a sense of history and geography cohesion in Greyhawk that facilitates working with it.

Outlaw

First Post
I run exclusively in the Kingdoms of Kalamar (when I'm playing D&D that is, I also have Vampire, Demon, HackMaster and Savage Worlds games)

If I were to try out a new setting I'd like to PLAY in Kalamar (by far my favorite setting) and I'd probably try out Midnight and Slaine as well (own a few Slaine books, just need to have the time and other people that own some books too).

I'm also looking forward to the Conan d20 book coming out.

blueshade

First Post
I picked other because we are playing a game where planear travel is neccessary. From (Flanaess) Greyhawk to Ravenloft to (Flanaess) Greyhawk to (Aebrynis) Birthright to (Faerun) FR and then to (Flanaess) Greyhawk again before heading to (Elysium) Pelor's home.

Knight-of-Roses

Historian of the Absurd
My own worlds, almost always. Especially if using D&D as the rules set.

Most recently two low-magic, quasi-historical campaigns. One ongoing high magic campaign. And I am currently working on part of a shared world campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads