Which streaming services are you subscribed to?

Which streaming services are you subscribed to?

• Netflix

Votes: 48 84.2%
  • Prime Video

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • HBOmax

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Disney+

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • Paramount+

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Peacock

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Hulu

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Apple TV+

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 7 12.3%

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
Netflix and Disney+, also Amazon Prime but for the shipping, I do not use Prime Video enough to pay for it separate. HBOMax, which is also free due to our phone plan, but I would probably pay for it.

Apple TV and Paramount+ have gotten tempting but I can't add any more at this time. I know the arguments of "its only pennies per show", but it total it does add up.

I am at the point where I am dropping streaming services rather than adding them. I was subscribed to Netflix and Prime (haven't subscribed to any others). Presently prime doesn't really give me much of anything (I seem to rent most of the movies there I watch rather than get them free) and I am only on Netflix for Cobra Kai (and occasionally Stranger Things: though my interest in that isn't as strong this year-----not because the show is worse or anything, I think I just lost a little interest in the intervening time between seasons). On Prime I am enjoying the new Kids in the Hall series. I used to love prime for all the old shaw brothers, classic movies and martial arts films they had for free, but those largely went away. One thing I really don't have an interest in is picking up a whole new streaming service just for a new show I have some interest in. So Paramount, Disney+, CBS or whatever the service is, even if the show looks appealing, I can't justify adding additional expense to the budget, and I also feel irked at the idea of how fragmented streaming services are in general that I just dislike the nickel and diming. I already have enough cost with my software subscriptions for my computer (which I need in order to do basic things).

Also, I am generally more fond of old media and movies than new. I find I have a harder time connecting to new movies (especially with CG but also just the way they approach dialogue and storylines). So I am content to mostly watch classic movies and a handful of older shows.

Zardnaar

Legend
Netflix and Disney+ with Amazon as an occasional floater.

Also TVNZ on demand which has trek/Orville/Dr Who/Taskmaster and others and it's free here. Decent sci Fi and British stuff. App is crap but price is really good.

Not sure about our smart TV but it wasn't that smart even when new and everything worked.

But we use Xbox and PS4 to run stuff it's just easier anyway.
I have both a 4k smart tv and series x not to mention a Chromebook and a desktop. I use the xbox for viewing movies for the most part, otherwise, it's my desktop or chromebook.

Zardnaar

Legend
I have both a 4k smart tv and series x not to mention a Chromebook and a desktop. I use the xbox for viewing movies for the most part, otherwise, it's my desktop or chromebook.

I've been using my Xbox one to play original Xbox games from 2003/5 and the PS4 to watch Stargate SG1 on DVD as I can't find it on streaming.

Party like it's 2008!!

Mallus

Legend
All of the above. Huh.

In my defense HBOMax, Prime, and Peacock are technically perks from other services and Hulu/Disney is a bundle.

And Apple TV was free for a year after I bought a new MacBook. Then I forgot to cancel. And then Severance was amazing, and For All Mankind was back for season 3.

I’m definitely going to reevaluate our subs. Just as soon as Ms. Marvel is done.

(I will pause Paramount today because SNW is over until season 2)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
HBO Max is my must have.

Netflix, Strarz, Showtime, Amazon Prime, Disney + are nice to have.

Peacock, Paramount + are low interest, wont sub.

Apple TV curious, but havent started my trial yet.

Remove ads