Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC01

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

Not one to back down once a course of action is chosen, Tylara pokes the Brownie again.

OOC: Yes, Ty's low light vision just increases the range of light sources, so my post was merely for color rather than based on actual game mechanics. I figured where she was had little import relative to where she was going.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manny

"Mmmm, what are the odds? I dream of you, and when I wake there you are . . . "

Manny opens his eyes and rises quietly. He whispers to Tylara, "What direction? And what were those words again? They sounded almost familiar . . ."

[sblock=OOC]Manny's spoken languages are:
Common, Elven, Halfling, Sylvan, Dwarven, Gnome, Orcish, Terran, Draconic[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Manny]You have no idea what those words mean[/sblock]

[sblock=Tylara and Manny]The heavy footsteps get louder, and you hear someone (something?) quietly say in a very, very deep voice that makes your teeth vibrate, "Shhh, Sylvaris! Megwillan eshavay."

Tylara was on her knees, crouching over Manny, having just awakened him. Manny was still lying on his mat, but raised up on one tiny elbow. [Manny was asleep in the tent, so Tylara had to go back inside to wake him, although she had been patrolling outside on her watch.] Then, you are both kneeling at the tent flap looking at several large forms (at least two) in the thick brush about 45 feet away. The clearing extends out almost to where you see the large forms, but the undergrowth gets very thick very quickly. That is why, although they are close enough for darkvision to see, you can't get a clear view. Tylara and Manny are the closest party members to them at the tent door. Max and Cappizzio are closest to you in the tent, Xavier and Kerlan are just on the other side of them, and then the Skipper, Mate, and crew.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mánunuksó (Manny) Maliit

Manny mutters something under his breath, then snaps his fingers. The sound issuing forth from his tiny hand is like a thunderclap, instantly rousing his sleeping companions and the barge handlers.

[sblock=Action]Casting 'Rouse.' Standard action, with a snap of the fingers everyone in a 25' Radius is instantly awakened.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Capizzio jumps out of his blankets, his shiny mitheral shirt wrapped about him shimmering in the fire light. he whips out his rapier and shakes his head.

"che cosa sta accendendo qui?"

[sblock=tranlation]what the hell is going on here?

lieraly:what is igniting here?
[/sblock]

see correction at psot 113

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Capizzio, Max, Kerlan, and Xavier.

Capizzio, Max, Kerlan, and Xavier wake up inside the pitch black tent. Tylara and Manunukso are kneeling at the door flap looking out at something. everyone hears some low growls in a very deep bass voice coming from somewhere outside the tent.

"What in the bloody blue blazes is the meaning of waking us all up in the middle of the night? shouts the Skipper.

OOC: My previous statement about distances for this encounter was a mistake. I forgot you were all in the same big tent. eeek (Also, there's no fire in the tent, Capizzio, and no reason for a fire to be burning all night long, anyway.)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

"I heard voices in a language I did not know outside and now growling Skipper," announces Tylara in a more moderate voice. "I think we should go out for a little look around." She casts a brief spell on the bow in her hand and it glows with arcane light.

OOC: Light Cantrip.

Remove ads