Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC01

rossrebailey

First Post
Max propses the following watch schedule to his companions, using an obscure "military" time-keeping system he learned at the monastery:

20:00-22:00 Kerlan
22:00-00:00 Xavier
00:00-02:00 Max
02:00-04:00 Tylara
04:00-06:00 Capizzio
Day off Manny

The next day, the last watch gets a day off, the one with the day off takes the first watch, and everyone else takes the next watch.

If his companions agree, he explains this to the Mate, and suggests that the Mate set whatever watch he sees fit.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OOC: If we don't cast any spells for the day, we don't have to re-memorize them do we? If we don't than we don't have to have the 8 hours of total rest. Later should be better if I can make some Heward's Fortifying Bedrolls. It lets you the benefits of 8 hours rest after only a single hour. Kerlan will go along with this plan for now.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manny

OOC: Sorry - this post was for much earlier in the thread - didn't realize things had moved on so far. I haven't been in front of the computer since last Thursday.

Leif

Adventurer
Ooc:

KerlanRayne said:
OOC: If we don't cast any spells for the day, we don't have to re-memorize them do we? If we don't than we don't have to have the 8 hours of total rest. Later should be better if I can make some Heward's Fortifying Bedrolls. It lets you the benefits of 8 hours rest after only a single hour. Kerlan will go along with this plan for now.
That is correct, as long as you don't want any different spells memorized. Not prepared to comment on the Bedroll thing yet, but, if it will work, it certainly sounds like a good idea. :) (Confound those nasty laws of magic that seem to bend all around almost as if according to the whims of some fickle person!)
Mowgli said:
OOC: Sorry - this post was for much earlier in the thread - didn't realize things had moved on so far. I haven't been in front of the computer since last Thursday.
Oh, you were going to say absolutely nothing earlier in the thread?? Hehe, well, I guess we'll just have to make do with this little bit of nothing to tide us over, then. :D

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Leif said:
Oh, you were going to say absolutely nothing earlier in the thread?? Hehe, well, I guess we'll just have to make do with this little bit of nothing to tide us over, then. :D

I actually read the posting up to the point I was going to insert a comment, not realizing until after I'd posted that much had happened and I was way behind so my post made no sense. Then when I caught up I was too embarassed to come up with anything other than a simple apology. :(

Leif

Adventurer
Kerlan, Xavier, Max, Tylara

Kerlan dutifully stands his watch. His eyelids grow increasingly heavy, but he manages to stay awake anyway. He hears an owl, but it flies away after a few minutes. He next wakes Xavier. Xavier stands his watch in similar fashion. Not much seems to be happening. At midnight, Xavier wakes Max. Max also dutifully stands his watch. The most interesting thing that Max hears is a whippoorwill. Max then wakes Tylara, and goes to sleep.

Tylara has been watching and pacing around the camp for a bit over haf an hour, when her pointy ears perk up.

[sblock=Tylara]"Garbevulshus!! Arrrrr, Tiken wylondara Sylvaris!! Har, Har, Har, Har!!!" Tylara does not understand the language. The voices are growing louder as if the speakers are approaching, and Tylara is sure that there are more than one, probably less than five, unless some of them are being awfully quiet. Where is Tylara and what does she do?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

Since Manny has no place in the rotation this evening he can aford to lose a little sleep. Tylara moves quietly to his resting place and prods him awake. "Hey Manny, we have company, want to take a look?" She pulls her bow and an arrow just in case and as Manny gets up she tells him, "I heard them says something like 'Garbevulshus!! Arrrrr, Tiken wylondara Sylvan!!' followed by laughter. Do you recognize the language or the words?"

OOC: I supose this isn't a time when the mighty sailin' man or his Captain are awake? Tylara would have been near the edge of the camp to protect her night vision from the fire, but now is beside Manny's resting place.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Interestingly enough, I noticed that in 3.5, darkvision is not hampered by light sources at all! :) So, while Tylara's preference may be to be at the edge of the light, she will gain no benefit to her vision from it.

Manny opens one eye, says, "Quit mumbling gibberish at me, Ty!" and goes back to sleep.

[sblock=Mowgli]Just so you know, I took the liberty of speaking for Manny just this once because some time had passed since Scotley posted that he was trying to wake you up, but you weren't able to post right away. Therefore, I ruled that he was having to poke you repeatedly to wake your ass up. Hope you don't mind. Of course, it caused no delay, and Manny was free to act as soon as you posted, it just gave me a small excuse to be a smart ass. :D [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads