Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC01

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne said:
OOC: I thought that was enough. I don't have anything else to say. Let's go. :)
[sblock=Kerlan]You're right, sorry. What you said was sufficient. **Blush, blush**[/sblock]

The rest of the group follows Tylara along the side of The Lonesome Drake, past the Constable's Office, Past several houses toward the south edge of town. Up ahead, you see a bridge over the Quail River. Before you reach the bridge, you make a left turn, to the east and head over to a row of warehouses on the river bank. You see the docks behind the warehouses. Incidentally, this is not the way that you arrived in Pembrose -- you came in on the River Wren to the west of The Lonesome Drake.

When you approach the docks, you see a good-sized, cabin-type boat. The deck hands are preparing the vessel to shove off.

OOC: I have made an error in calculating the time that it will take you to get to Twain. with the assistance of my calculator, I see that it will take around 6 days and 6 hours to go the 75 miles upstream to Twain. Does this change your plans? And who is carrying the gift for Crus?

When you approach the vessel, you are greeted by the Boatswain, "Greetings, Gentle Folk! How many of you seek passage to Twain? The fare for the journey is three gold crowns, and that includes all accomodations and meals. Let's see how many of you there are -- one, two, three, four, five....five-and-a-half. Sorry, sir," he says to Manny, "but we will have to charge you the regular fare as well."

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
[sblock=Kerlan]You're right, sorry. What you said was sufficient. **Blush, blush**[/sblock]
OOC: That's all right.
Leif said:
OOC: I have made an error in calculating the time that it will take you to get to Twain. with the assistance of my calculator, I see that it will take around 6 days and 6 hours to go the 75 miles upstream to Twain. Does this change your plans? And who is carrying the gift for Crus?
OOC: Whoa!! That's a big difference. Does it also change how long it will take the other ways? If not, we can walk there faster than that.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=click for informed decision]
]ooc[ if w4e walk it would take 4 days and a bit over a half. if we take ponys it would take a hair over 3 days and if we ride light horses it would take a hair over 1,5 days (see pp 163 - 164 of phb) ]/ooc[

[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Kerlan Rayne said:
OOC: Whoa!! That's a big difference. Does it also change how long it will take the other ways? If not, we can walk there faster than that.
Scott DeWar said:
[sblock=click for informed decision]
OOC: if w4e walk it would take 4 days and a bit over a half. if we take ponys it would take a hair over 3 days and if we ride light horses it would take a hair over 1,5 days (see pp 163 - 164 of phb)

[/sblock]
OOC: That is a big difference, Kerlan, and you're right Scott. More specifically, walking, you'll arrive in Twain on the evening of the FIFTH day of travel (4.68 days, about). That assumes you cover 16 miles per day, and don't have any appreciable delays. (What are the chances of THAT, I ask you??) Going by boat, it's pretty much a given that your travel will be secure, except when you have to stop for the night. Cooking is not allowed on the boat, so they just stop and pitch a camp.

So... the upshot is that going upstream to Twain, you can actually make better time on foot. Is there a change of plans, or will you still ride the boat?

Last edited:

rossrebailey

First Post
Max looks from one companion to another and says, You all seem to be standing around with puzzled looks, as if you had the voice of a disinterested semi-omniscient party sounding in your head. Let's get this boat show on the road, I say, before it leaves us to fend for ourselves on the way to Twain! I am so looking forward to all the interesting things we will observe among our fellow travelers!

Leif

Adventurer
Grrrr

Scott DeWar said:
[sblock=will save or click]
Wasn't this:
supposed to be the bridge over river kwai?
[/sblock]
OOC: Thanks a lot. Now I've got that annoying little whistling tune stuck in my head!

DA-DUM, da-da-da DEET-DEET DA

(And, btw, like most rogues, I have a sorry WILL save....)

Last edited:

Remove ads