• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC01

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The promised post:

Capizzio being heavily limited in his night vision casts a spell while he is still in the tent.

Standard action : cast Low Light Vision
"intesify la luce!" he cries and suddenly his eyes are more sensitive to the available light and former unseen shapes are now seen.

he then moves to (V,19) fo a total movement of 15 feet. {end turn}

EDIT:
{next turn}
]ooc[ in case i am slow at getting back here to post again, his tentative action is to cast launch bolt. if an ogre is threatening him, he will cast defensively. ]/ooc[

While moving capizzio pulls out a cross bow bolt

After moveing Capizzio calls upon the ancient words again, "mosca della freccia della mosca!"
and suddenly the bolt leaps from his hand on its own and flies to its target ... the ogre at (AC,16)

launch bolt spell (1d20+5=22, 1d8=3)

the missle strikes true, imbedding deep in its fat only narrowly missing its vital organs.

]ooc[ missed a crit by one! ]/ooc[

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Sorry Guys

OOC: Tonight I'll try to get things moving again in here.

OOC: Oooops! Thursday for sure! Maybe....

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Ogre Battle, end of Round 1

Max casts Shield on himself and nimbly and acrobatically tumbles to R23, where he stands ready for further action. Capizzio casts Low Light Vision on himself while he is still in the tent and then moves to V19, pulling a crossbow bolt from his quiver as he moves. When he reaches V19 he casts Launch Bolt and the crossbow bolt streaks from his hand and embeds itself in the thigh of the ogre standing in AC16 (Ogre #2). The ogre howls in pain. Tylara begins casting a spell with a rhythmic incantation that none of the other wizards have heard before, and all of the ogres hesitate briefly as the very grasses and weeds of the clearing lash at their legs and try to hold them. After a very brief struggle, three of the ogres continue to move onward, but one of them was in a particularly heavy patch of whip-like weeds that reach up his legs to just above his knees, and he is held fast by the elf maiden's spell.

Summary of Ogre Movement:
#1 moves to W17
#2 howling in pain and headed straight for Capizzio, moves to X19
#3, entangled in AC14
#4 moves to U16

Kerlan, Xavier, Capizzio, and Manny have actions coming in Round 1. Tylara and Max can make a move action only.

Attachments

• Whirtlestaffs Rev - Ogre battle end of round 1.php.xls
    16 KB · Views: 311

Leif

Adventurer
rossrebailey said:
OOC
Does this mean move action only in Round 1, or move action only in Round 2?
We're still in round 1, and you've already taken one move action and cast a spell, so I guess you're pretty much done for Round 1, wouldn't you say? (Guess I was wrong before, or am I mis-remembering about the spell? I'm confused, but I trust you to know what's right.) ;)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mánunuksó (Manny) Maliit (AC: 19; HP: 12)

With a moment of concentration, Manny wards himself from the predations of evil creatures, then steps cautiously from behind the dubious protection of the tent wall - taking care to stay within the shadows so that he is not seen.

[sblock=Action Mechanics]Using spell like ability 'Protection from Evil' and moving (1/2 move) to O19.

Skill Check (Hide): 1d20+13=17[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Xavier looks at the ogres coming towards the unarmoured group of wizards and quickly pulls out a bit of butter from his component pouch and begins incanting the words to a spell.

After completing the requisite gestures and words of power, a thin layer of grease appears under the ogres, hopefully tripping them up and providing the rest of the mages more time to prepare themselves. After this Xavier will rush to the other side of the tent also, hoping it can provide some minor hindrance to enemies.

[sblock=OOC]
Casting Grease (cast on V16 to affect O1 & O4), move to O18
HP: 24/24
AC: 12, Touch: 12, FF 10
F/R/W: +3/+3/+6
0 - Arcane Mark, Daze*, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand
1st - Mage Armour, Grease, Ray of Clumsiness, Charm Person*, Lesser Orb of Electricity
2nd - False Life, Ice Knife, Ray of Stupidity*, Tasha's Hideous Laughter*
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Tylara

OOC: To finish out the round Tylara will take a step back (to R14) and ready her bow. For round two...

Disappointed in only stopping one of the Ogres, Tylara changes tactics and lets an arrow (1d20+6=17) fly. Smiling as the arrow finds its mark she slips on her buckler and takes another step back (Q13).

OOC: damage (1d8+3=8)

Remove ads