Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, IC02

Leif

Adventurer
Cloaker

The quivering Cloaker is immediately struck by Xavier's magic missiles, Tylara's arrow, Kerlan's Fire Bolt, Francheska's Fiery Blast, and looks none too chipper (-45 hp total). Manny's Orb of Fire does not hit its mark. Still need a crossbow bolt from Capizzio. With some luck, that'll do the Cloaker in for good, because it's looking pretty bad as it is.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: the cloaker is flatfooted, right? this being suprise and all?

OOC: Yes! That is true. Creatures are denied their Dex bonus when struck by an invisible creature. That means that Manny's Fire Orb may have still hit the touch AC with a 10. Well Leif, did it hit?
You guys! Cloakers can't be flatfooted, they don't have FEET! :) No, seriously, the FF AC of a Cloaker is still 16 and its Touch AC is 12, so no Manny's Orb still doesn't hit, does it?

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: So, is his touch AC still 12 even though he is denied his DEX bonus?
Actually, the average cloaker does have a 16 Dex, so denial of Dex makes its Touch AC 9, and, therefore, Manny hits. Thanks, Kerlan!

Mowgli, if your Orb of Fire does at least 5hp damage to the Cloaker, it is TOAST!

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Actually, the average cloaker does have a 16 Dex, so denial of Dex makes its AC 9, and Manny hits. Thanks, Kerlan!
OOC: Yay! He never knew what hit him! Roll for damage Manny! Yay! We still need Capizzio to attack as well in case Manny doesn't roll high enough.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Cappi was the second to attack. I rolled an 8. When you roll a 3, and have a +5 mod, it sucks reguardless.
strange, my post dissappeared. it seems to hav ebeen eaten by the great and terrrible slashdot dragon!
It makes no difference. in all honesty, i did indeed roll an 8

Last edited:

Remove ads