• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Shayuri

First Post
I hate to do this, but I've been having a lot of trouble with Alexandra...she's just not working out for me for some reason. I'm not sure why. Anyway, rather than belabor the point, I shall be withdrawing from the game before it crosses the point of no return, as it were.

My thanks for all of your patience...and best wishes for what I hope will be a fun and entertaining game!

Scotley

Hero
I can't believe Alexandra is abandoning Tylara with all these men! I do understand though. Girl Genus is great, but I always feel uncomfortable with a character that isn't completely mine. See you around some time.

Shayuri

First Post
No no, Alexandra is mine...in fact, I based her on a character I played in another game briefly...

Girl Genius was just a visual reference.

But...for some reason it isn't clicking this time. I can't get her right. It may just be I've finally hit my limit on games. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Awwwww, Shayuri!!

Shayuri said:
I hate to do this, but I've been having a lot of trouble with Alexandra...she's just not working out for me for some reason. I'm not sure why. Anyway, rather than belabor the point, I shall be withdrawing from the game before it crosses the point of no return, as it were.
My thanks for all of your patience...and best wishes for what I hope will be a fun and entertaining game!
Maybe a brief hiatus will change your mind? The rest of the wizards can continue without you for now, we can say that you're pursuing some graduate study in the Academy, so that you can pick up where you left off (with a commensurate xp award, too, if it won't start a mutiny!)

And you are the one who's been patient with my feeble dming! Sorry about that, I THINK I'm slowly getting the hang of it? :\

Leif

Adventurer
Capizzio, Mikanna, any others?

I just noticed that Capizzio and Mikanna are children of librarians at the Academy. One of them is the offspring of the Head Librarian. That's fine. Remember, though, there are several libraries located in the Academy, that you know of, and being the self-absorbed individuals that they are, certain professors favor certain libraries, and more than one professor could "appoint" a "chief librarian" for his favorite library. So there is certainly not a shortage of Chief Librarians of Whirtlestaff's!

Also, I was looking over some character sheets and saw some spells that I didn't immediately recognize. I know this may be a pain, but it would really be of great benefit to me if whenever your spellbook contains a spell that is not in the ph, you write down in (parentheses) immediately following the spell's name the book where that spell is found, whether it is CA, CM, SC, CC, CW, CA, or whatever. And yes, Complete Warrior, Complete Champion, and Complete Adventurer do contain a few arcane spells as well, so don't forget them. These books were not listed as an available resource at first because I had no idea that they did, indeed, have wizard spells stuck off in some Rogue book, for example. Silly me, you would think that I would know after dealing with the way this company (by whatever their nom du Jour may be) does things!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Epiphany

Leif said:
I just noticed that Capizzio and Mikanna are children of librarians at the Academy. One of them is the offspring of the Head Librarian. That's fine. Remember, though, there are several libraries located in the Academy, that you know of, and being the self-absorbed individuals that they are, certain professors favor certain libraries, and more than one professor could "appoint" a "chief librarian" for his favorite library. So there is certainly not a shortage of Chief Librarians of Whirtlestaff's!

Also, I was looking over some character sheets and saw some spells that I didn't immediately recognize. I know this may be a pain, but it would really be of great benefit to me if whenever your spellbook contains a spell that is not in the ph, you write down in (parentheses) immediately following the spell's name the book where that spell is found, whether it is CA, CM, SC, CC, CW, CA, or whatever. And yes, Complete Warrior, Complete Champion, and Complete Adventurer do contain a few arcane spells as well, so don't forget them. These books were not listed as an available resource at first because I had no idea that they did, indeed, have wizard spells stuck off in some Rogue book, for example. Silly me, you would think that I would know after dealing with the way this company (by whatever their nom du Jour may be) does things!

btw, where in this does it say that his either of his parents are a chief libarian?:

Hello. my name is Capizzio Del Collines, son of the professor del Collines, historian and seeker of antiquities for the wizard’s academy. My mother has a teaching position in the arcane studies of the academy as well.. they know I am a bit of a wild sort at heart, but they still keep tabs on me.

Edit:
also, i just had this thought...perhaps a master spell list showing all spells available to us from each other? perhaps somewhere on the rg thread?

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Leif said:

Most of the spells from the earlier complete books should be in spell compendium. However, Complete Mage, Complete Champion, and PH2 will not be in there. There were a few spells in the 'races of' books too. Cityscape has some spells and their may be some spells from heroes of horror that will appeal to Malfoy. ;-) Although, the summon undead spells did make it into a later source.

Anyway, I have been remiss in putting down the spells from other books into Tylara's. I was about to go pilfering if the DM approves I can put the results of my search into an RG post.

Leif

Adventurer
"If the DM Approves?" -- AND -- Ryfte??

What's there for me to approve? I've already given my blessing and encouragement of spell sharing. I generally wish that you wouldn't take spells from the "races of ...." books, or any books except ph, ph2, dmg, Spell Compendium, and the "complete..." books. The reason for that is because I don't have them! Well, ok, I've also got CITYSCAPE, but the only spell that I remember seeing in there is Summon Swarm, which is, I think, in Spell Compendium, anyway. Or, maybe it's in one of the complete books. No matter, I know I have it in some book besides Cityscape. As always, if you want some spell that you have even a shadow of a doubt about, just ask.

Anybody seen Mikkana Raschika? Hurry back, Ryfte!

Last edited:

Remove ads