Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
i have a question reguarding holy water...

given: there is 25 gp worth of silver used to make it
given: it costs 25 gp to buy it
given: that 25 gp of powdered silver weighs 5 lb as per the spell description that makes holy water (see bless water),

...why does it only weigh 1 lb?
what happened to the other 4 lbs, not to mention the water weight?

Scotley

Hero
It is converted to energy in a quantum state. That energy is drawn back to the game's three-dimensional universe from said quantum state when the water contacts an unholy being. Hence the damage to undead. It seems that a great deal of the energy is lost in the transitions to and from energy in a quantum state. Otherwise holy water would be as powerful as a thermonuclear explosion. Simple quantum physics really. :cool:

Leif

Adventurer
DM's Boo Boo

I realized this morning that I have made a grave error in describing the layout of the area, vis-a-vis the relatioship of Whitlestaff's to the temple to the city, and all of that. In Post #1 I said that Whirtlestaff's was IN the city. So..... the upshot of all of this is that we will be returning to the vision of the world of Post #1. The temple complex is also in the same city, and the "meadow", of course, is outside the city. I REALLY gotta get a map done! But, unfortunately, my computer at home has an inoperable tumor at the moment, so I am forced to use the computer in my office for this present post. My scanner, however, is still at home, and will be staying there. Hopefully I can get wunna dem rabid tech monkeys to come out and get me fixed tomorrow, but it may take a few more days. Sorry, guys! Thanks for bearing with me!

Scotley

Hero
I understand technical difficulties all too well. Mine usually stem from letting three kids use the computer at home. Sic the rabid tech monkeys on the gremlins!

Leif

Adventurer
The Appointment is made! A rabid tech monkey is scheduled to appear at my door at 4:15 pm today. Let's hope he can handily and rapidly dispatch the cyber -bugs!

And just to re-emphasize things: both Whirtlestaffs and the temple are INSIDE the city, so that journey that we didn't play out was just a walk in the park, literally!

Leif

Adventurer
Saga of a DM's Computer Woes

The Bat-Winged Tech-Monkey did, indeed appear as if by magic, in a cloud of blue smoke. He waved his wand and my computer was instantly spirited off to the Enchanted Mountain to undergo a diagnostic baptism and a ritual cleansing. Unless the demons are able to breach the stronghold of the Enchanted Mountain, it should be returned to our service tomorrow or Thursday.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
The Bat-Winged Tech-Monkey did, indeed appear as if by magic, in a cloud of blue smoke. He waved his wand and my computer was instantly spirited off to the Enchanted Mountain to undergo a diagnostic baptism and a ritual cleansing. Unless the demons are able to breach the stronghold of the Enchanted Mountain, it should be returned to our service tomorrow or Thursday.
With no news on the issue we must only assume that their defenses were breached and the Enchanted Mountain has been overrun. Hopefully the computer is merely being held hostage and all we need is a brave band of adventurers to rescue it and return it safely, with all of it's afflictions cured.

KerlanRayne

Remove ads