Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
perhaps the enchanted moutain stronghold is under siege by the E-forces of the deamon web pits!!! and still intact, though the defensive magics may be strained...

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne said:
With no news on the issue we must only assume that their defenses were breached and the Enchanted Mountain has been overrun. Hopefully the computer is merely being held hostage and all we need is a brave band of adventurers to rescue it and return it safely, with all of it's afflictions cured.
KerlanRayne
Your well-wishes and support are truly gratifying. Thank you. Unfortunately, the Windows citadel was where the breach occurred, and certain of the King's (cpu's) men-at-arms (files) were corrupted. The bat-winged tech-monkey did not have in his bandolier of cds-ROM a full copy of Windows with which to replace the corrupted files. (What an incompetent lout!) At this point, the maitre-d'maison (c'est moi!) became quite irate and ran said bat-winged tech-monkey far away from the castle, and I refused to lower the drawbridge, so he had to swim the moat! :] I'm using my computer at work at the moment, and my parents have offered to let me use theirs whenever I wish, so I'm still able to limp along somewhat. I have a call in to someone who should be able to help me resolve the issue, but I have not heard back yet. At worst, I'll just have to buy a new cpu and start from scratch. (But, damn! Didn't I just do that last year??)

[Translation: My computer is home again, but thanks to corruption of windows, I cannot access the internet at all. :( ]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
i don't know if this will help, but my comp. went on the fritz a couple of months back and woud not let me access the internet, eathernet or use the multi-player funtion on my diablo II game...i went to the screen with the ...oh lord, what are those called... the drivers ...and i hit the "refresh" button on that page.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Corrupted files sound like it might be a hard drive problem. Have you tried a program like Spinrite? It's really small so I could email you a copy I you need it. You would have to make a boot CD or a boot floppy (<- That means it's really small) You could leave it running overnight and see how it works.

KerlanRayne

PS - We could talk about it more on IM. If you don't have the right program installed on the computer you're using, you could try Meebo.com. It's great.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne said:
Corrupted files sound like it might be a hard drive problem. Have you tried a program like Spinrite? It's really small so I could email you a copy I you need it. You would have to make a boot CD or a boot floppy (<- That means it's really small) You could leave it running overnight and see how it works.

KerlanRayne

PS - We could talk about it more on IM. If you don't have the right program installed on the computer you're using, you could try Meebo.com. It's great.
See, Kerlan, that's the whole problem, I can't get on the internet at all, so I can't IM you and I can't send email. I emailed my cousin from work this morning. Her husband is the programming whiz. She said she was gonna make him help me, too! :D So, a few more days, I should be back up and running. If not, I'll probably get really frustrated and go out and buy a new system or something stupid like that. Ahhh, WTH, it's only money, righhhht? ;)

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
See, Kerlan, that's the whole problem, I can't get on the internet at all, so I can't IM you and I can't send email.
Well I don't see what the problem is. If you can post messages on here without getting on the internet then you should have no trouble fixing it yourself. ;) Anyway, Meebo.com is an internet based IM website. There is no software to install. You just visit the site and log into your IM service. You can send IMs directly from your web browser. It's really cool.

KerlanRayne

Leif

Adventurer
hehehe

KerlanRayne said:
Well I don't see what the problem is. If you can post messages on here without getting on the internet then you should have no trouble fixing it yourself. ;) Anyway, Meebo.com is an internet based IM website. There is no software to install. You just visit the site and log into your IM service. You can send IMs directly from your web browser. It's really cool.
Scott Dewar said:
i think he is posting from work or his parents' computer...i don't remember what he said earlier.
Heh. Yes, Scott is right on both counts, and I mentioned both surrogate computers earlier. Hopefully, sometime in the next few days, I'll be able to get mine running again. Keeping my fingers crossed!

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Familiars

I know that there was discussion about familiars, but what was the final result?
Can we all have familars? Do we have them automatically?
Do we have to pay for them (100gp) or something else?

Remove ads