WHITE DWARF Magazine monster index

Zebek

First Post
rom90125 said:
MonsterMash and/or Garnfellow,

I am looking for a reprint of two articles that were published in issues #16 (pages 8-10) and #21 (pages 8-9). Both articles were AD&D conversions of monsters and classes found in The Thomas Covenant Chronicles. Can either of you help?

Thanks!

If you're still looking, I'll brave my attic and dig them out for you.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
WD 30 (April/May 1982), "Fiend Factory: In Good (?) Company": Stirge Demon (Ivo Smith), Weresnake (Cas Liber), Muryan (Roger Moore), Sprite Knight (Phil Masters), Vampire Wolf (Coacula) (Trevor M. French), Minidrad (D. Parrington).
I think that last one should be "Minidrag".

Garnfellow said:
WD 53 (May 1984), "Fiend Factory: Slave Hunt - Low Level Mini-Adventure": Wood Skeleton (Wayne Burchell), Plentyn Nos (Anonymous), Zwergind (F. J. Dolan), Gremkin, Black (Trevor M. French), Gremkin, Red (Trevor M. French), Gremkin, Green (Trevor M. French).
Also in "The Naked Orc: A Study of Orcish Society" by Rufus Wedderburn in issue #53, there are stats for three variations of orcs: Soldier Orc, Snaga and Uruks (stats for 'Male', 'Female' and 'Young' are given for each type). These orc types seem to be loosely based on Tolkien's orcs.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
WD 61 (Jan 1985), "All Creepies Great and Small": Bug, Armbane Bug, Bug, Buzzbug, Bug, Stinger, Bug, Milead Bug, Bug, Gnaw Bug, Bug, Giant Mosquito, Igni Beetle, Flame Beetle, Caraxe.
Also the Woods Vampire from "Beyond the Shadow of a Dream" by Ian Marsh.

Garnfellow

Explorer
Echohawk,

Nice catches all. I lost many edits to this list during the Great EnWorld Server Crash, so it's great to have another set of eyes on this.

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
WD 66 (June 1985), "Fiend Factory: The Silent Hater": Gachragar, Stong Toad, Green Salamander, Swamp Lurker, Silent Hater.
Also in this issue: Lashbriar, from "The Philosopher's Stone" by David Whiteland.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
WD 75 (March 1986), "Nightmare in Green" by Graeme Davis: Fire-Flower, Leechweed, Stagweed, Oozing Jelly, Brothers of the Pine.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
WD 47 (Nov 1983), "Fiend Factory: Mini-Monsters": Diablo (Phil Masters), Trollkin (Dan Lukacinsky), Trist (John Gordon), Krowk (Dale Hueber), Gromit (John Smart).
I know it's a real nit-pick but that should be "Diabolo" ;).

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
WD 49 (Jan 1984), "Fiend Factory: Insect World": Skullcatcher, Giant Praying Mantis, Giant Moth, Golden Beetle.
The drainwing (a large butterfly that feeds off magical energies) also appears in this Fiend Factory column. Issue #49 also contains wood-demons (huge, shaggy beasts that aren't actually demons) and the anak (a race of short, hairy, muscular humanoids), in the article "The Key of Tirandor, Part One: The Search for the City" by Mike Polling.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
WD 37 (Jan 1983), "Fiend Factory: Species Special": Weed Delver, Crestcat, Javukchari, Antmen.
Also in this issue, the Ghralthi, from "The City in the Swamp" by Graeme Davis.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Issue #39 has a stat block for Gremlins on page 27, in the article "The Daughter of Danu" by Alan E and Charles M Paull. These gremlins are said to be cousins of the leprechauns.

Remove ads