• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WHITE DWARF Magazine monster index

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
And in issue 50, there are Guardians of the City in "The Key of Tirandor Part 2: Inside the Lost City" by Mike Polling.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
In issue 56, the article "The Belgariad: Fantasy Fiction for AD&D", stats are given for Algroths and Mud-Men. (As well as Belgarath and the god Torak!)

Edit: As well as the "Buggane (Minor Demon)" in "The Sunfire's Heart, Part 1: Erresea Island" by P G Emery.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
WD 57 (Sept 1984), "Fiend Factory: Majipoor Monsters from Lord Valentine's Castle and Marjipoor Chronicles by Robert Silverberg": Sea Dragon, Forst-Brethren, Metamorph, Skandar, Vroon, Hjort, Ghayrog.
That should read "Forest-Brethren". Issue 57 also has the Frost Vampire in "The Sunfire's Heart, Part 2: The Island of Rammas" by Peter Emery.

Issue 59 has stats for "The Reaver" and "The Great Hunter" in "The Great Hunt" by Simon Iff.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
And in issue 82, D&D stats for Bel-Shamharoth and the Troll of Discworld appear in "A Stroll Across the Discworld: AD&D Adventures on the Back of a Giant Turtle (Not forgetting the four elephants" by Ashley Shepherd.

Garnfellow

Explorer
Echohawk said:
WD 75 (March 1986), "Nightmare in Green" by Graeme Davis: Fire-Flower, Leechweed, Stagweed, Oozing Jelly, Brothers of the Pine.

Is this "brothers of the pine" different from the one way back in issue 21?

Garnfellow

Explorer
Echohawk said:
In issue 56, the article "The Belgariad: Fantasy Fiction for AD&D", stats are given for Algroths and Mud-Men. (As well as Belgarath and the god Torak!)

Is there an author listed for this article?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Garnfellow said:
Is this "brothers of the pine" different from the one way back in issue 21?
No, same creature. The article in #75 mentions its sources as follows:
Kulamtu trees, fire-flowers and leechweed come from the works of Robert Howard. The stagweed is taken from The Seed in the Sepulchre by Clark Ashton Smith. The brothers of the pine first appeared in WD21.

Garnfellow

Explorer
Echohawk said:
Yes, sorry. The author is Peter Ransome.

Excellent -- thanks again for reviewing this; you've found a couple of edits I know I made but were lost in the server crash, pointed out a few I'm sure I didn't ever make, and found a whole bunch of monsters in the later issues I don't own. Teamwork is awesome.

Remove ads