Who’s a Sopranos fan?

Greggy C

Hero
Never got into it, by the time I would watch it, it feels a little dated.

Just started watching Gomorrah though, I like it so far.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The Sopranos Quote GIF

I’m currently rewatching it. Last time I saw it was during the original run. I’m at the end of s3 now.

It’s so good. Truly top tier TV. Any other fans here?

Big fan. I rewatched it again recently as well and it truly does hold up. Lot of things to pick up on too on rewatches. My two favorite long form series are Sopranos and I, Claudius (and they have some common threads: like evil Matriarch's named Livia). I had to buy the episodes on Amazon to watch them (I have DVDs somewhere but my DVD player is busted, and TV is collecting dust these days). But it was worth it because I sometimes like to go back and watch specific episodes. Been watching a lot of older media lately (going back through the classic buddy cop and crime movies).

He really is a fantastic actor, and you are right he uses his physicality as much as his voice or face. It's interesting that now his son is getting into acting, we will see if he develops a similar or different style.

I literally can't imagine another actor in this role. I am sure they could have cast someone else and the show would have worked, but sometimes the actor and the character are so tightly bound together, it seems like it would radically change the show had the casting been different.

I haven't seen the Many Saints of Newark yet (a little nervous after hearing some poor reviews and want to wait until all the emotions around that die down so I can watch it with unbiased eyes)

i finished it. truly epic except 2 moments (one is a dead performer inserted into the show-a horrible experiment and has aged poorly). The other is just so how abrupt another moment is. I could see why people literally thought their tvs lost power

i did some research and i wonder if the bad blood between gandolfini and chase was due to that

i finished it. truly epic except 2 moments (one is a dead performer inserted into the show-a horrible experiment and has aged poorly). The other is just so how abrupt another moment is. I could see why people literally thought their tvs lost power

The first is definitely one of the stranger moments in the show. I think it would have been better to have her die off camera. Personally, I do think the ending of the series could have been better. I understand why it was done, and I appreciate the conversation it started about the show....I just could have used a more definitive coda to the series

Remove ads