• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Who wants some of this? Huh? Huh? Didn't think so!

Frog Slime

First Post
Tunnel Flargug
Huge Beast
Hit Dice: 16d10+112 (200 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 40 ft.
AC: 21 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +13 natural, -2 rage)
Attacks: 2 slams +20 melee (or Huge greataxe +20 melee)
Damage: Slam 2d10+10, Huge greataxe 2d8+15
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./10 ft.
Special Qualities: Constant rage, darkvision 120 ft., ferocity, immunities, sprint
Saves: Fort +17, Dex +11, Will +6
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 12, Con 24, Int 6, Wis 8, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +20, Intuit Direction +13, Jump +20, Swim +14
Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
Advancement: 17-32 HD (Huge), 33-48 (Gargantuan)

Tunnel Flargugs resemble huge, fur-covered, vaguely humanoid creatures. Their body structure is that of a massive ape, while their head is almost lupine. They walk, and run, like a gorilla, using their tough knuckles to speed themselves along.

A Flargug that isn't angry is probably asleep, and even then, it growls to itself and makes little punching motions with its paws. It is impossible to understand what enrages these beasts so, but at least it ensures that there aren't that many of them.

Combat
Flargugs have no concept whatsoever of fear. They charge straight at their prey, although they are intelligent enough to say, not cross boiling lava to do so.

Constant Rage (Ex): Flargugs are always enraged, as the Barbarian's ability. If somehow magically calmed, they take a -4 to Strength, -4 to Constitution, and a -2 morale penalty to Will saves, but their AC increases by +2.

Ferocity (Ex): A Tunnel Flargug is such a tenacious combatant that it continues to fight without penalty even while disabled or dying (see page 129 in the Player's Handbook).

Immunities (Ex): Tunnel Flargugs are immune to mind-influencing fear effects

Sprint (Ex): Once an hour, a Tunnel Flargug can take a charge action to move ten times its normal speed (400 feet).

Tunnel Flargugs receive a +4 racial bonus to Climb, Intuit Direction, and Jump checks.

Frog Slime

First Post
You know, I have no idea. I just had the "Constant Rage" idea floating around in my head, so I tacked it onto a creature I thought up out of the blue.

Remove ads