Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The Alumni

Krug

Newshound
"Yes Glaw, I feel more assured knowing you will be there," says Plonk, hugging the warforged. The warforged thought he felt himself being squeezed indiscreetly, but wondered if it was just a draft. :D

Verbatim

Explorer
As it appeared that a consensus had been reached, Patruk finished the last of his wine and pulled himself away from the comfortable grasp of the chair he had been sitting in.

"Teivel, I assume you will have no problem with speaking to House Tharashk on our behalf. I request only you delay our leaving until tomorrow so that we might all have a chance to pack and finish saying any last good-byes. Beyond that, I care not what else you decide."

Turning to face the others, Patruk waited to see if any thought allowing the noble to speak was an unsound move.

Jarval

Explorer
Glaw nods cheerfully at the gnome.

"You will see, it will be a trip of epic proportions, I am sure."

He nods again in response to Patruk's unspoken question, Teivel seeming as good a choice as any.

Primus

First Post
“Wonderful!” Kala said with a grin, further insinuating herself sensually into the leather chair. “Go on, Torn, go do some hobnobbing. We’ll be here when you get back. Shoo.”

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Assistant Pitel approaches and bows again. "I will make travel arrangements for the Lhazaar Principalities immediately. I believe the next airship headed east will arrive in Fairhaven 3 days from now. Pardon me while I pen your official documents and contract information." He leaves the room for about ten minutes before returning carrying a stack of papers. "Here are your travel documents indicating you are contracted out by House Tharashk. Most towns will recognize and honor the House seal. Also, here is the rest of the report that should help you get started with your investigation. Please note that any property of House Tharashk you recover must be returned upon completion of your mission. Any property you seize legally in the course of your assignment is yours to keep, though Noble Qui ap'Gwyddi favors those who bring valuables back to him. If there are no other questions you are free to go. Your tickets will be available at the House Lyrandar Airship port in Fairhaven."

Report Details
[SBLOCK]
Reading the lengthly report, you glean the following information.
Brother Ouillie led a small expedition of hired mercenaries to an island called Tempest Isle. He reported in several times on his progress using animal messanger spells. His last reports indicated he had located a dragonshard and was going to transport it to Cliffscrape via the mercenary's ship, "Red Waters", captained by a half-orc named L'mar. The ship sailed from the eastern side of Tempest and was to pass between Tempest and Traglorn isles on its way to Cliffscrape. There were no more reports after they departed Tempest Isle. According to informants in Cliffscrape the ship was overtaken by pirates and presumed sunk. Unverified rumors point to Prince Mika's Cloudreavers as the pirate group responsible for the attack.
[/SBLOCK]

Ferrix

Explorer
"Very good, thank you. We will of course take the greatest care with any valuables of House Tharashk," Teivel says to Pitel. Tucking the important traveling documents away, he sweeps out of the room to follow the others.

"It's all taken care of, we have travel booked out of Fairhaven in three days time. Best get your things in order." He gives a enticing smile to Kala and then heads off.

Krug

Newshound
Plonk reads the report and grimaces. "Half-orc uh? I smell trouble already." He goes to pack his things and get ready for his trip. He is excited about his trip; and at least there would be a warforge he would be with on the journey!

Jarval

Explorer
Glaw looks over to Teivel and shrugs.

"My things are always in order. The airship is due in three days, yes?" He crosses his arms and drums his fingers thoughtfully. "You know were my room is, so if I am needed, find me and I will help prepare for the expedition."

Ferrix

Explorer
Teivel nods at Glaw, "don't strain yourself." Chuckling he asks the rest, "anyone care for a drink? This is news enough to celebrate, not even considering getting out of this silly university."

Verbatim

Explorer
Ferrix said:
Teivel nods at Glaw, "don't strain yourself." Chuckling he asks the rest, "anyone care for a drink? This is news enough to celebrate, not even considering getting out of this silly university."

Although Patruk knew that there were many things he could be doing now that the matter of their employment had been taken care of, he also knew that if he was to be working with those around him, perhaps getting to know them better was not a bad idea.

"I think a drink would be a good thing also, while I know some of you from our various classes, I will be the first to admit that if the pirates were to attack us as soon as we arrived, I would be unsure of what you all bring to the fight."

Remove ads