Who Wants to be a Wayfinder? The Alumni

Primus

First Post
"A drink would be wonderful, Rip," Kala said with a grin, "How about the Golden Caravel? It should be good and rowdy by now."

"Ah, but we all know what you bring to the table, eh little gnome? Explosions and the clanking of metal on metal and steam and, and, and... widgets!" The shifter's hair was fairly bristling with excitement as she imagined the mad gnome's mad inventions. "Wondrous!"

[sblock]Spells Prepared - Basic City Living Spells
Know Direction, Mending, Light, Produce Flame, Cure Light Wounds.[/sblock]

Krug

Newshound
"I have tricks up my sleeve. We gnomes are resourceful, and crafty! Besides, without some grease, the poor steamhead might rust!" says the gnome.

Jarval

Explorer
Glaw looked thoughtfully at Plonk's sleeves, wondering just what the gnome might have hidden away. While he respected the skills of the artificers, he'd seen the odd invention go a little awry at times...

"I agree that a drink and talk would be good." He says evenly. "As you say, it would be well to get to know each other somewhat better if we are to embark on this expedition."

Verbatim

Explorer
Primus said:
"A drink would be wonderful, Rip," Kala said with a grin, "How about the Golden Caravel? It should be good and rowdy by now."

"Ah, but we all know what you bring to the table, eh little gnome? Explosions and the clanking of metal on metal and steam and, and, and... widgets!" The shifter's hair was fairly bristling with excitement as she imagined the mad gnome's mad inventions. "Wondrous!"

[sblock]Spells Prepared - Basic City Living Spells
Know Direction, Mending, Light, Produce Flame, Cure Light Wounds.[/sblock]

While the wildling might have had images of the Golden Caravel being a wonderful place to visit, Patruk saw little to enjoy by sinking the chaos that the establishment was known for. However if the others agreed to go there, he would not be the one to say otherwise.

"I am sure it will be an interesting place to visit."

Standing up, Patruk placed his glass on the table and looked at the others.

"Shall we go?"

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
It takes some time to thread your way through the busy city streets and reach the Golden Caravel tavern. It is a little after 3pm by your reckoning when you find a table and settle down. There are already a few early drinkers here laughing and pounding on the tables. On one side of the room several halflings have climbed up on a table and are singing noisily to their fellows, bringing more laughs and some jeers from the crowd. A large woman bustles out of the kitchen and takes your orders for food and drink before disappearing again. Before long you have your drinks in hand and a basket of fresh baked loaves before you.

Krug

Newshound
Plonk helps himself to the loaves, and downs the drink carefully. He's never really been one for taverns. He sticks close to the warforged.

Ferrix

Explorer
Teivel enters with a large smile on his face, seeing some of the regulars he'll clap a few on the back, and then takes a seat at a table. Ordering up a pint of dark beer, he'll take a drink of it once it arrives. "So, undoubtably we at least have an inkling as to what Plonk here can provide us with on our journey. Entertainment and explosions, assuredly. You'll excite Kala a great deal little one, something that she apparently has no taste for in me."

I really don't know why she has it out for me, hobnobbing, bah. She's no idea what it's like to grow up with parents like mine. "Not that I really find hobnobbing all that pleasant anyways," he mutters over his drink. How did I end up stuck with this crew? Why not get a job with Johan, we'd have a great time.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Taking his seat at the table, Patruk glanced around at the patrons of the bar and tried to grasp what the allure was that brought them out night after night. While he enjoyed the occasional drink as well as anyone, he could not see spending your coin on something that only momentarily removed the problems of the day.

~Perhaps that is enough for them...~

As Teivel approached the table, Patruk saw the man greeting those he knew as well as throwing his hand up when his name was called from someone across the bar.

~It would also seem his fame spreads beyond the dueling court...~

As the waitress took their order, Patruk ordered his last glass of wine, as well as a plate of seasoned fish and tried to relax as best he could.

"While my studies have been focused mainly on how the Arcane Arts affect the human body, I have also spent a great deal of time learning of the history and customs of the Five Nations. However, if we are to be facing pirates I am not sure how useful my skills will truly be, although I am sure I can think of something.

While Patruk accepted that some of the others might keep him at arms length due to his chosen path, he refused to give them further cause to think less of him as a person.

Ferrix

Explorer
"I'm sure you'll be able to frighten them off like you did that first year you sat next to in History," Teivel says attempting to get the man to crack a smile, he took another drink from his glass and wondered how awkward the rest of the journey was going to be if they all remained this talkative. Finishing his drink, he asks, "how about I get the next round? I hope I haven't put any of you off, with my attitude over the years. It's just nice to be away from my parents, all they do is pester me about being a proper noble and if I am paying attention to my education. They just want a barrister in the family to get them out of any troubles." He stops realizing he's just let those present in on a little bit of a personal frustration in his life.

OOC: Bump...

Prof Yeti

First Post
Jaron Dain - Paragon

Having spent the majority of the time quietly watching and nodding where appropriate, Jaron finally begins to feel comfortable.

Ah, a good tavern can solve many problems!

Leaning forward and setting down his mug, Jaron finally speaks while shifting his focus towards Patruk. "I have seen some of your abilities before in class, and while I personally found them fascinating, you could easily scare many to wet themselves." Finishing the comment with a smile before he turns to begin focusing on Teivel. "A new environment can have that effect. I am fairly certain we have all had our moments of....shall we say....unease with each others habits. To me it is of no consequence. But I will take you up on that round."

With that same constant grin that seemed etched on his face during school, Jaron begins making eye contact with the others around the table. "Well I am afraid I do not have the knack for combat like Teivel or Glaw, but I am skilled with a bow. If the area has attacks from pirates, a little assistance before they get close might not be bad." Taking a momentary pause he continues, "My other skills though will probably work best as assistance to others or if we need to split up. But I will do whatever is necessary to be of service." And with that he lifts his cup once more and settles into his chair.

This is going to be almost too much fun, if for no other reason that we will have Kala with us.

Remove ads