Who will buy Solo's laser gun?

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Lucas didn't build the pistol, nor did he label its parts. In fact, I've never seen that piece on the muzzle ever labled/called a flash suppressor other than in the boing boing article, so the "flash suppressor" may be only from the author there.

The part was labeled such because that's what the part is - in less gibberish-y text, they called it a flash suppressor because, were it a real firearm, that's exactly what function the part would perform (I think that's more clear - can't communicate too well today for some reason). I was under the impression that Lucas was the man behind the Star Bores thing so I guess I mistakenly thought he'd have something to do with the appearance of one of the franchise's most iconic pieces of hardware.

The reaction in this thread makes me shake my head. Why so negative?

Bullgrit

I don't think it's negative to call out something silly. This, IMO, is silly as hell. It's like putting a spark arrestor on a Zippo.

JellyfishGames

First Post
It is what it is. A piece of Star Wars memorabilia that comes from the set of a movie for which many who had the opportunity to see the original when it first came out int theatres will have fond memories for. For some, such a piece would be precious. For others, it is a meaningless piece of cobbled together bits. This is where the relative value of commodities comes into play.

Remove ads