Whose Enjoyment Matters Most?

Who deserves priority when it comes to game enjoyment?

• The GM

Votes: 22 4.9%
  • The Players

Votes: 50 11.2%
  • Everyone Equally

Votes: 338 76.0%
  • Me

Votes: 35 7.9%

I have to say the GMs. If a single player is unhappy, it may not effect the whole game, but if a GM is unhappy, it certainly will.

However, making sure everyone is happy should be everyone's goal.

joe b.

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Everyone equally if the players fun or the DMs fun must be sacrificed for the other the game is no worth playing. Likewise if no one around me is having fun how can I have fun? Therefore it is important equally for all to have fun.

Agback

Explorer
Seeker95 said:
Everyone deserves to have fun, but if I'm not having fun then I don't belong there.

Hear! Hear!

And I'll just add that altough I believe that as a matter of principle all the participants deserve to have fun, I observe that as a matter of fact if the GM is not having fun, none of the character-players will have fun either. A GM just can't achieve as much with a game that he or she is not really engaged with.

godawful

First Post
Mine (DM). creating a chapter in the life of the party and watching it unfold... dreaming up some grisly way for them to die and watching them squirm... putting something in they have to talk over amongst themselves for 15 minutes so i can get a break every now and then... dm's rule, players just try not to die.

The_Universe

First Post
Everyone should enjoy the game, with one caveat - bitchy players (or GMs) are not to be needlessly catered to. Reasonable efforts should be made, with an emphasis on "reasonable."

Tuzenbach

First Post
As the players will always out-number the GM, "the players" is the answer. This doesn't mean the GM can't have fun, but:

fun x 1 < fun x more-than-one

Starman

Adventurer
Tuzenbach said:
As the players will always out-number the GM, "the players" is the answer. This doesn't mean the GM can't have fun, but:

fun x 1 < fun x more-than-one

Are you saying the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one?

the Jester

Legend
Everyone equally.

If one person isn't having fun while the others are, hopefully the group will take steps to help that one person have fun. If that fails, that one person should prolly seek out a new group, game or hobby.

Remove ads