Why is the Mule considered a Game Breaker?

broghammerj

Explorer
Piratecat,

I am reporting this thread to the mods. The mule controversy is clearly a veiled edition wars thread and it is destroying the Enworld community. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Zaran

Adventurer
Ok, well for those of you who weren't around when we started the thread...we have had three Player's Handbooks, two Adventurer's Vaults, and now three Monster Manuals. None of these books have our most beloved mule (donkeyhorse to those of you who were weened off of 4e terminology).

I think it's because "they" believe that mules, like flight and scrying spells, break the game. But what I do not understand is why the donkyhorse breaks the game. I have done some research and it seems that anyone who was assigned to the section on "Such Things Useless in Combat or Killing" or S.T.U.C.K. have been laid off or "disappeared". It might even be the reason that we do not have an online gaming table! Because rumor has it the mule was hardwired into the programming so that the freedom loving players of online dnd did not have their stuff carried by the Arnold Strengtheneggers.

I better not say anym...

WheresMyD20

First Post
Horses, donkeys, and mules suffered from the same problem as dwarves, gnomes, and halflings: they were just too similar. The obvious remedy is to remove donkeys and mules from the game until the designers can come up with new, more fun interpretations of donkeys and mules that differentiate them from horses.

Rumor has it that the new, redesigned donkeys will have a gaze attack. The new, redesigned mules will have scales and a mysterious connection to dragons.

Ariosto

First Post
129180423686537065.jpg

Remove ads