• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wilden Name Poll! -- Forked Thread: PH3 Playtest Race: Wilden

What should be the name of the race currently known as Wilden?

• Wilden, the current name.

Votes: 31 21.2%
  • Killoren, the 3e name.

Votes: 37 25.3%
  • Woodwose or Wose, a folklore name for "green men"

Votes: 37 25.3%
  • Sylvans, for that dead language feel.

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Other (please post your suggestion)

Votes: 16 11.0%

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I went for Killoren, because I like the sound of it and Wilden seems a bit clunky.
Is it Will-Den Wile-Den Wile-Dun...Meh.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I went with Wilden, since well I don't really care. I view the names of the races to be the same as giving a name to certain mechanics it is just to make it easier for finding stuff. In game, we usually don't refer to race names or make up our own ones.

RefinedBean

First Post
Yeah, another vote for Wose!

Although honestly, we shouldn't encourage WotC and their "W" use. There's 25 other letters in the English alphabet. Let's give 'em a chance.

SKyOdin

First Post
I voted for Wilden because it is the current name and I haven't seen anything that sounds any better. I can say that I definitely don't like Killoren, since it is hard to mentally work around the fact that it includes "kill".

However, where does the name Woodwose come from? It isn't something I have ever ran into before.

Wormwood

Adventurer
I didn't like Wilden until I saw the alternatives.

Wilden seems conspicuously better upon further consideration.

I mean seriously, Woodwose? Sounds like Elmer Fudd took a level in Druid.

Last edited:

Neil Bishop

First Post
Woodwose... now, that is cool.

I thoroughly dislike wilden but I like the alternative you have proposed. Perhaps WotC will listen and amend the draft versions of the PHB3?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads