Will the SRD be updated again?

Sigurd

First Post
SRD Updates might be real popular with their older traditional base.

Maybe they'll do so as a face saving, goodwill gesture?

I'd appreciate it.

Sigurd

Ranger REG

Explorer
Bacris said:
I have to ask, is this speculation or from confirmed reports?

Not to say I wouldn't doubt it, but as I recall, a lot of the big WotC proponents for the SRD / OGL aren't with WotC anymore... Ryan most definitely isn't.
You want confirmation that there is a civil war battle taking place in that HQ building? :]

The last person to be working on material to be added to the SRD was Andy Smith. I haven't heard anything from him for the last couple of years.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
That's all just speculation, of course. If he was actually in a position to know anything, he'd be under an NDA to not say a word. When the real leaks start springing, you won't need to ask if it is speculation, nor will you get the cryptic responses.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
Actually, Rich Redman was given the title of Keeper of the SRD when Andy was promoted to another division. This was around Spring last year, or so.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I highly doubt there will be any updates anytime soon. At this point, what is the benefit to WotC? I'd likw to see it happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Ranger REG

Explorer
HalWhitewyrm said:
Actually, Rich Redman was given the title of Keeper of the SRD when Andy was promoted to another division. This was around Spring last year, or so.
I thought Rich is in charge of WotC's licensing department.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
A quick check of WotC's site doesn't reveal anything about him beyond his articles. I need to delve into my email records to find the reference, but I am 95% sure he was given the SRD as part of his licensing duties (seems to fit). Nothing an email can't confirm.

Knight Otu

First Post
At this point, I kind of doubt that WotC even knows that the SRD still exists. :p More seriously, I doubt that the SRD will see another update any time soon, unless someone enters into some kind of license deal allowing them to write some updates for the Legal Team to check and then post. And considering we've just seen the end of two licenses... :uhoh:

Remove ads