• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Will you buy 4e?

If D&D 4e comes out in 2008 or 2009 will you buy it?

• Yes, Core Books and Supplements

Votes: 56 18.4%
  • Yes, Core Books, Maybe Supplements

Votes: 37 12.2%
  • Yes, Core Books Only

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • Maybe, Core Books, Maybe Supplements

Votes: 45 14.8%
  • Maybe, Core Books Only

Votes: 35 11.5%
  • No, but I'd use a 4e SRD.

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • No.

Votes: 63 20.7%
  • Other/Don't Know

Votes: 47 15.5%

JoelF

First Post
Maybe - a lot depends on the changes. If they're pretty minor, probably not. If they're major and for the worse, defiantely not. If they're major and significantly better than 3.5, then probably, but I think this is the least likely possibility.

Friadoc

Explorer
Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe I just found where I'm comfortable, but I doubt I'll purchase 4e.

Maybe, BIG maybe I'll buy just the core books, I but I doubt that, too.

Currently I play in a Arcana Evolved campaign, for which we have most everything (more than we need sometimes), and we're geared up for an eventual Ptolus campaign once we hit 20+ levels in the AE/AU campaign.

I've got two sets of 3.5, for the rare instance when someone doesn't have the books, and I've downloaded SRDs, including the one I bought from CMG (nicely referenced PDF library that works wonders for the rare moments my lazy butt actually acts disciplined enough to put put a submission).

I don't really need 4e and, personally, I think it's way too soon, as a customer, for it to exist - however, it's not the customer that makes this call, it's the company, so who knows.

Honestly, if I were to do a new system and stuff with a 4th in it's title, I'm more prone to really push myself into the GURPS Fourth Edition books I've sitting on my shelves. I liked it enough to buy them, when they first hit, even though I've not played in a GURPS campaign for years.

Anyhow, that's just my two cents explaining my "Maybe the core books" vote.

Most likely core and supplements.

Given that any new edition will most likely have more improvements than not, I'm pretty sure I'll get the new set. Our group will then resist change for a while before succumbing to all the new goodies. It's a pattern thing for us. ;)

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Tewligan

First Post
Nope. In fact, I think I'm done with 3.0 and 3.5, too - lately I've been haunting the FLGS and snatching up used 1e stuff, including multiple PHB's in the hopes of getting up a game. I blame Diaglo.

TDRandall

Explorer
Naw. I've decided that when 4E comes along I'm getting off the train completely.

I still have PLENTY of 3e and 3.5e books lining my shelf that I haven't gotten around to reading. Even though it doesn't stop me from purchasing more, it does mean that I'll have an overabundence in supply to keep me busy right on through my twilight doddering years.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads