Winnipeg, Manitoba Looking for Basic D&D style game

prongbuck

Explorer
I live in Winnipeg, I have a regular gaming group which I DM for, right now playing Myth and Magic, but for awhile I have wanted to play in a Basic D&D style game.

This could any of the flavours of actual Basic D&D, Rules Cyclopedia, Labyrinth Lord, Adventurer, Conqueror, King, Swords & Wizardry, Basic Fantasy, whatever.

Hopefully someone sees this and messages me.

PS. I felt I should add that I have not played (as a player) D&D in a long time.

Last edited:

Ghormagon

First Post
Hey Prongbuck! I sent you a PM earlier, but thought I would post here too to give it a bump. Any other Winnipeg gamers out there looking to network?

jeffh

Adventurer
As it happens, I'm a Winnipeger and interested in running a Basic Fantasy game, in fact I've been prepping one for some time. However, I don't know when this would happen as I feel like I barely have time to do justice to the games I already run, even with both currently on an every-other-week schedule. Can't commit to much more than maybe getting together for coffee at this point, or at least I don't feel like I can.

For whatever it's worth I live in East Kildonan and work downtown.

Ghormagon

First Post
Heya Jeff! Coffee at some point would be cool, been a long time since I've had "shop talk" about gaming. I live in St. B and work in the far west end by the airport. What games are you running nowadays? I'm currently playing in a Pathfinder adventure path.

jeffh

Adventurer
Hey, sorry I didn't get back to this thread earlier! My gaming priorities have shifted pretty hard to the new system I'm writing, but that's not to deny that I'm still interested in BFRPG or the OSR in general. PM me if you're interested in getting together. I often go to the Second Cup on Graham to work on RPG stuff (though I also quite like Parlour and Urban Forest, both also downtown) and am often pleased to talk about the subject at such times.

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
I'd possibly like to get together for some old school gaming for a change. Though at the moment I'm pretty much exclusively playing Numenera and D&D Next. I am available if you needed someone to play, however.

Remove ads