Winter Ball of some sort?

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Dontella said:
I would say no, so long as the poetry was submitted in advance. Maybe pass the poem on to someone who will be there, so then it can be shared and voted upon. *nods nods*

Yeah I should have replied sooner.. sorries.

Dontella@Gmail.com

I should be at the dance, baring computer deaths or work issues.. you know, Real Life :) You can send it on to me if you like.. or send it on to someone else.

Not that I mind shooting you an email, but, I thought we were going to have a thread where people would post their poems, so everyone could see them, not just those who are able to attend?

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Magi_Nashira said:
I think with a poetry contest it would have to be done on the boards, with the winner being announced at the dance and the winning poem read. Doing a contest like that would take too much time in character to have everyone read their poems during the dance. This way also, we have them all up and easy to read. We could set the start date a week before the dance to give people time to post entries, and give the judges time to consider each poem fairly.

Way back on the first page o' this thread, when the contest was first suggested. . .

Dontella

First Post
A week before. Then everyone has to have their poems up by this weekend, the 25th. If that is the route people wish to take.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
The suggestion was to *start* the thread a week before. People should be able to post up until the dance. Or, maybe up until the day before, to give the judges some time to read and think. No need to rush creativity. :)

Magi_Nashira

Chaotic Lawkeeper
Dontella and I have banged out heads together (which hurt, by the way) and decided that there will be a place on the Rotunda board for IC posting of poems. Deadline will be march 1st so that we have a few days to review them. The top three poems will be read IC, at the dance and the winner will be chosen by those present at the dance at the time of the reading. We are currently considering IC prizes. The only real prize will of course be bragging rights.

Good luck!

Dontella

First Post
I never did read the first page of this thread.. I popped up when the TMP stuff was mentioned. Naughty Donny.

Anyhow, what Nash Said!

Sienna_Rose

First Post
Will the three finalists be announced on the board, or only at the dance? I most likely will not be able to be on, and I'd like to know which poems make it to the finals.

Remove ads