Winter Ceramic DM™: THE WINNER!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
mythago said:
By the way, y'all should greatly appreciate all the work alsih2o did in finding pics for all previous Ceramic DM™s. Hunting around for nonboring images, leaving out ones that are cool but don't leave room for imagination, combining them in groups that seem to "make sense," etc....not easy.

I've been secretly stockpiling photographs (and gnome pictures, of course, but we don't talk about that) on the off chance I'm ever lucky enough to help judge. Fear me! And if you need any for rounds that aren't mine, Mythago, give me a holler.

Taladas

You know, the good thing about Ceramic DM is win or lose you still end up with a lot of good stories.

Good stories, Bibliophile and Piratecat.
and congratulations Piratecat for advancing to the next round.

mythago

Hero
Round 3 pics, Bardstephenfox vs. Sialia:

Attachments

• hands.jpg
    hands.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 274
  • snowybox.jpg
    snowybox.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 258
  • busker.jpg
    busker.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 251
  • bonneterre.jpg
    bonneterre.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 242

mythago

Hero
As a P.S., if AFTER the round is judged anyone wants to know "What the heck was that really a pic of, anyway?!" I'll answer, if I can remember.

Sialia

First Post
alsih2o said:
oh! the art, the beauty, the jealousy!

oh! oh! oh! what great pics....my little tiny corneas hurt and swell with jealousy...
I am in a bit of a state myself. Beads of sweat on the upper lip and all.

There is no doubt that this is a fine, fine set.

I only hope that I am worthy of it.

Any objections to my delivering my submission as an attached PDF?

I think I want to put the photos in place, not as links, but as images--so I can see how the illustrations really would work with the story.

Sialia

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
It's mostly just you! ;)

I was so sad when Piratecat posted his fairy tale because I was driving home from work on Monday and thinking "I wonder if you could get away with a story beginning 'Once upon a time...'". It was weird to see Piratecat post. I guess the good news is that you can get away with it if it is done well. The bad news is that I can't do that this time because I don't think I can capture the cadence and presentation correctly, and it would look imitative. Ah well!
Funny, I thought a similar thought.

Tell you what--let's make a deal--we ignore his post altgoether. As of this moment, it has not yet happened. It's still round one, is it not? We are simultaneous (gestures of hand waving at temporal insignificances.)

Somebody make my life simple and tell me when the actual deadline for this is. Comes out to approximately something like Monday morning, 7ish?

BSF

Explorer
Sialia said:
Funny, I thought a similar thought.

Tell you what--let's make a deal--we ignore his post altgoether. As of this moment, it has not yet happened. It's still round one, is it not? We are simultaneous (gestures of hand waving at temporal insignificances.)

Somebody make my life simple and tell me when the actual deadline for this is. Comes out to approximately something like Monday morning, 7ish?

So, we are just saying that Piratecate/Bibliophile/Alsih2o/guedo72 won initiative? I can work with that. And hey, see my fears were irrational, despite my being at work until nearly 1:00 AM, I didn't sleep for two days. :)

By my calculations, we have until 8:21 Mountain/7:21 Pacific.

OK, time for me to take a look at the pics.

Sialia, write your heart out, as I am hoping to put something together to make it hard for our esteemed judges to make a decision on. Let's see if I have any real creative writing talent. :)

BSF

Explorer
Sialia said:
I am in a bit of a state myself. Beads of sweat on the upper lip and all.

There is no doubt that this is a fine, fine set.

I only hope that I am worthy of it.

Any objections to my delivering my submission as an attached PDF?

I think I want to put the photos in place, not as links, but as images--so I can see how the illustrations really would work with the story.

Oh my, that is an interesting set of pics. Kudos to you Mythago.

As a contestant, I have no objections to Sialia using a PDF. Actually, it seems like a good idea from the perspective of presentation. I'm not sure of the implications of reusing the work of somebody else in that manner, but I trust that somebody else understands that better than I.

Remove ads