wish list for D20 Products

DocSER

Explorer
I would love to see more DM's supplements that could help me create vivid environments for play. For example, a book on playing in a cave environment with information on describing and designing caves, rules for combat and movement in caves, etc.

I would like something along the lines of WILDS AND WILDERNESS (I think that is the title) for the Scarred Lands but with more information on actually planning and describing the environment.

Outlaw

First Post
What I want for Christmas

Actually, I just don't buy d20 books like I used to. Thinking of what I have and what I want, there are a couple of settings that I still haven't gotten to try out (like Slaine), but the only thing that's on every one of my Christmas lists is the Kingdoms of Kalamar Atlas. Having gotten to take a peak at the thing, I'm drooling waiting to get my hands on it!

Outlaw

First Post
To be quite honest, I don't usually stop in here too often. But tonight I was just in the mood and I'm certainly glad I stopped by because now I get to talk about my favorite setting!

I still haven't found a low magic setting

There are two settings I'd recommend, although I've only just picked up the book for the first. Wheel of Time really piqued my interest because of how low powered the classes are. Although I haven't played in a game yet, the woodsman and other similar classes have really pushed this up on my list.

My favorite setting by a long shot is the Kingdoms of Kalamar. There are a few feats I could do without, but for the most part, this setting is exactly what I was looking for. I run my games low magic and Kalamar fit like a glove. Most fans will praise its flexibility, as it is quite simple to incorporate it into a high magic campaign. But it's much easier to add magic to a campaign than it is to remove it (which is why I'm not a big fan of 3E Forgotten Realms). With the richly detailed campaign sourcebook and the Players Guide that has all the crunchy pieces out of the different WotC publications, it has totally met all my wishes of what a campaign world should be.

[/soapbox] ;)

jester47

First Post
Somthing like master maze but 2d and made out of cardboard. LIke skeletonkey games' magnet thingys, but cheaper. I am thinking Advanced heroquest map things. Just more varied.

ready made characters (like the recent release form SKR and malhavoc) are good too. Anything to make the DMs job easier.

Aaron.

Grim

First Post
a program that generates customizable counters, which can be printed out onto special counter-cardbord that has precut holes, and you can reuse the paper even if you have already removed some fo the counters.

The customization includes borders, color changes, adding of weapons, change of facial features, etc. And it would also print out a corrosponding large picture. That would be cool.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
DocSER said:
I would like something along the lines of WILDS AND WILDERNESS (I think that is the title) for the Scarred Lands but with more information on actually planning and describing the environment.

Wilderness and Wastelands is the name. I'm not sure how much more you can get detailed about planning and describign an environment before you bore your players. Wilderness campaigns are fun, but only if you don't over play it. Sure make it realistic and difficult but not tiresome. "Roll me a d20 to see can eat in the dark without messing up your face." Seem to take some of the fun out it.

mearls

Hero
Nightfall said:

You? What about me? ;) Btw Mike what do you have slated for the new year? (Always curious to see what great game writer like yourself is upto.)

Let's see, I've got:

* A couple Scarred Lands books, one I wrote and one I contributed to. No, I can't tell you about them yet. =)

* A few books for Lord of the Rings. Two have been announced: I contributed to a book of magic items and monsters and did the game design work for the Mines of Moria boxed set. Plus, I'm working on a few other books for the line this coming year.

* Dungeoncraft from FFG. This is a big toolkit for building dungeons and stocking them with monsters. Have you ever wanted to build a dungeon set in an active volcano? This book has guidelines, advice, and rules for doing it. Plus, I'm scheduled to do two more 128 page books with FFG, but I can't talk about them yet.

* I also have books I'm working on for Paradigm and Goodman Games. I'm not sure I'm cleared to discuss these, though.

* For AEG, I'm solo writing a big book that I think people who liked the old D&D Companion Set will really like. Alas, I can't say anything more.

* I have a bunch of articles for Dragon in the pipeline, which is wonderfully exciting. It's really, really cool to think that tens of thousands of D&D fans will be reading my work.

My newest works include volume 3 of the Aerial Adventure Guide series from Goodman Games, the Monsters Handbook from Fantasy Flight (truth be told, my favorite work of everything I've had published so far), and a Warhammer FRP adventure that's available for free from Hogshead:

http://www.hogshead.demon.co.uk/WFRP_Fear_the_Worst.zip

It's a 7MB file, so dial up users beware. I'll have d20 conversion notes for it up on my site by Friday.

Finally, it looks like an full-blown RPG is in the cards for me, but we'll see about that. I'm also thinking about dipping into fiction.

Wow, that turned into a big commercial.

Two Towers in less than 24 hours... woohoo!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
mearls said:
* A couple Scarred Lands books, one I wrote and one I contributed to. No, I can't tell you about them yet. =)

Darn you! ;)

mearls said:
* Dungeoncraft from FFG. This is a big toolkit for building dungeons and stocking them with monsters. Have you ever wanted to build a dungeon set in an active volcano? This book has guidelines, advice, and rules for doing it. Plus, I'm scheduled to do two more 128 page books with FFG, but I can't talk about them yet.

Well I can't wait to see those other two then.

mearls said:
* I also have books I'm working on for Paradigm and Goodman Games. I'm not sure I'm cleared to discuss these, though.

Oohhh I love Paradigm. :)

mearls said:
* I have a bunch of articles for Dragon in the pipeline, which is wonderfully exciting. It's really, really cool to think that tens of thousands of D&D fans will be reading my work.

As if they haven't already read the other great stuff you've done, from the Monster's Handbook to Mercenaries. :)

mearls said:
Wow, that turned into a big commercial.

Sokay you're a much better commerical than a car dealer. ;)

mearls said:
Two Towers in less than 24 hours... woohoo!

Yes I know. :) I'm going to the midnight showing in my town.

Remove ads