With new novel reprints, will we see Dark Sun for 4e?

And a chapter apologizing for the second box set.

What? You don't like wind surfing druids on a sea located on a desert world? What of the nude sunbathers (worshipping the sun if I recall :hmm:) and a handfull of other very NON-darksun elements introduced.

4e Darksun would be enough for me to buy 4e stuff that otherwise I have sworn away from.

Dire Bare

Legend
Does this hint that there will be some Dark Sun support in 4e? Have they been reprinting Dark Sun books with new covers this whole time, even throughout 3.x?

I'd be interested to see how this setting is updated to the new ruleset.
I'm pretty sure that the current printings of the Prism Pentad are the first Dark Sun reprints ever. WotC has been utilizing their back catalog of novels more and more every year, so this doesn't necessarily mean that a Dark Sun RPG supplement is on the way . . . . although I certainly hope it does!!!

Of course, we need a Dragonlance RPG supplement too. And Dragonlance still has a strong novel series and fan base going.

Can't decide which I want to see first!! Dark Sun or Dragonlance!! Maybe we could petition WotC to start releasing TWO settings a year!!! (I know, not gonna happen)

Jhaelen

First Post
Can't decide which I want to see first!! Dark Sun or Dragonlance!! Maybe we could petition WotC to start releasing TWO settings a year!!! (I know, not gonna happen)
I can! ;) Definitely, Dark Sun!
I also would have preferred to get at least one psionic class in PHB2. I've always played (A)D&D using psionics. For me they're an integral part of a complete setting.

My preferred order for releasing settings would have been:
1. Eberron
2. Dark Sun
3. <a completely new setting>
4. Ravenloft, Planescape or Greyhawk

Settings I never cared for:
- Mystara
- Forgotten Realms
- Al Quadim
- Spelljammer
- Birthright
- ? (were there any others?)

Oh, and they would be well advised to ignore the changes they made in the Revised Setting. I want the 4E version of the original setting!!!

vagabundo

Adventurer
Oh, and they would be well advised to ignore the changes they made in the Revised Setting. I want the 4E version of the original setting!!!

I believe all right thinking people agree with this sentiment. There was tons of adventure in that little boxed set.

xnrdcorex

First Post
Another hint pointing at Dark Sun in the future, or at least one that shows they are looking at it is that one of the earliest online dragons had a dark sun supplement which took old dark sun traps and updated them for 4th edition. I can't remember which dragon it was, but the traps were the "spider cactus" and some kind underground fly-trap thingy.

I hope Dark sun happens. I love Eberron, but now that so much time has passed since it's original release, I feel like the whole "stalemate" after the "last war" is a really stale and stagnant tone and it doesn't carry anything exciting anymore. Eberron could use a new catastrophe. Or a new war.

Remove ads