• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizardru's Story Hour (updated 11/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zad

First Post
Undying - Chapter 1

Undying - Chapter 1

(or “The Road to Rauxes” starring Bob Hope and Bing Crosby)

OOC Notes:
Exp is 2000 this session

Note for the readers (ok for Nifft really): We’ve opted to revamp the Arcane Archer class to something different as detailed in the thread in the House Rules forum. This means Kayleigh’s abilities have shifted slightly, in case you got confused.

Reviewer’s Corner:
Well we’ve completely wrapped up the Lich Queen’s Beloved module published in Dungeon #100 (part of the Incursion cross-over event) and had some time to think about it. And we’re all agreed that it is an excellent module and well worth any DM looking at. It’s one of the rare modules that tries to tackle high level play and does an outstanding job at it. This isn’t just a matter of balanced encounters, but more a matter of basic intelligence. The enemies presented have depth and seem intelligent and logical. They react to the PC actions, and the lich queen, who has defended herself from many adventurers over time, reacts in a very believable and tactically sound way to her enemies.

The module also does not try to strangle high level players or simply negate their abilities as a way of dealing with them. The players earned their abilities and having an environment that takes them away is not only unjust but contrived and something of a cop out. It simply reduced play back to the first level dungeon but where it says “kobold” cross that out and insert “dragon”. Not so here. In some cases there are particular counters for PC abilities (divination blocking for instance) and in others, they’re just assumed into the equation.

Overall this adventure is a must-read for any DM looking at high level play. Even if you don’t choose to use it directly, it’s a fine example of how a high level module should read and definitive proof that high level play has no problem including dungeons. One of the reasons I wanted to comment on this specifically is that we’ve noticed a number of threads on high level play (and the lack of viability thereof) and we wanted to take a moment not only to point out the good work of the writers, but show anyone reading a fine example of a high level adventure.

(Disclaimer: not everything we encountered was part of the module as written. A few monsters were added – specifically the advanced psionic roper of legend and the phane, largely due to the fact that the six PC’s were a bit over the specified levels for the module. Also it’s up to the DM to tie this adventure into the campaign – the entire battle on the Prime was not part of the module directly. Mind you that remembering how we wiped out an attacking force of 500 githyanki is something that will always make us smile. I include this partly to let you know what was there as written, and to remind everyone that while you can use things as a drop in, if you add some time and story-glue, you can get a piece that fits so perfectly into your campaign it looks like you planned it for years.)

This Week’s Adventure:
So we came to the question of what to do next. There was certainly no shortage of things on our list for attention – it was more a question of when to do which. Some of us favored a fast strike on Rauxes – the situation had clearly gotten out of hand and we wanted to strike quickly before our enemies would be expecting us. But most of the group favored waiting a few days, and this is the course we followed. I was in favor of a fast strike – our enemies would know that we had killed the Lich Queen and they would know we had returned. They would be expecting us to follow our normal pattern – rest and prepare. That’s why I wanted to do something unexpected. But I confess I was tired – it had been all of two days since we had defeated the ShadowTaker, and I could use a rest in an elven bed.

While I was still in Celene, I stopped to find the new “advisor” to the Queen. The slaad was lurking around and wasn’t particularly hard to find. I had hoped he would have some understanding of the “bargain”; it was becoming most disturbing. Indeed he had quite a lot to say on the subject, but nothing we hadn’t already learned. I badly want to know who the parties in this bargain are, but he did not know, save for one formerly being the ShadowTaker. He knew of some death slaad who sought to investigate and perhaps serve one of the parties involved, but they never returned.

The Queen wanted to thrown a grand celebration and we settled on two days time. But there were things to do in the meantime, not the least of which was to find a new dress and jewelry. I returned the next day to the Land of Black Ice to prepare for the inevitable trip to Sigil that always followed our adventures any more. When I arrived, Scorch was waiting for me, holding the lich queen’s sword.

“We have a problem here,” he said.

“Of course we do. It’s probably some state sword for the Githyanki. If we’re lucky, it was just something Vlaakith created and we could dispose of it, but that was just my hope,” I smiled at him.

“No. You don’t understand. This sword. This is Gith’s sword. It was revealed in a Legend Lore,” Scorch added seriously.

There was only one answer possible, and I gave it. “Feh.”

We had planned to dispose of silver swords we had obtained. Most likely they would filter through Sigil back to the githyanki, which was fine as far as we were concerned – they were hardly worth fussing over at this point. But this… this was something entirely different. Bolo put an idea forward that had merit: he proposed offering it to Her Fey Majesty of Celene to use as a tool to broker a peace with the Githyanki. The group thought this was a sound idea, and would likely produce more good than any use we could put it to, and so it was agreed. When I brought the sword to the Queen the next day, she was very pleased and would do just that.

I opened the door to Tsvar's Curios and Objectals, but was stopped short by a pile of boxes behind the door. I squeezed in sideways and saw that the entire shop was almost completely filled with boxes, shipping crates, bags, and other containers. I slid between the various stacks and found a tiefling bent over a desk talking to an assistant.

“Mister Fuvex-vex-vex. A pleasure to see you again. I hope I’m not disturbing you.”

He turned to me and stood up, his face positively beaming. “Not at all Lady Kayleigh.” He waved at the assorted crates which I realized were all empty, waiting for something, and said “In fact, I have been expecting you.”

I smiled and nodded. “I thought you might have been. Excellent. Let’s get down to business…”

Dravot had done a Sending to an ambassador of the Great Kingdom inquiring on the current state of things in that area. The reply was disturbing.

“Heard you were dead. Where the hell are you? In a tight bind here.”

You would think an ambassador would understand how to deal with a simple sending but apparently not. On the second try Dravot received this answer:

“The Overking is missing, the city is evactuated. Our forces in retreat. They assaulted us without warning and we were headed out for”

Not perfect but more useful. So the forces of Rauxes are on the move and have taken Kalstrand, the capital. Rauxes needed dealing with, and soon. This prompted the question of what else was happening out there, and we contacted Lord Gelban to see what the dragons knew of the situation.

Lord Gelban told us that you cannot fly very close to Rauxes – over a mile away there is a field of death that protects it, hiding what moves within. But outside of the field, legions of zombies, ghouls and wights muster, waiting for orders. There are countermeasures in place specifically against good dragons as well. However they believe the remainder of the black dragons now lurk there.

It then occurred to me that we have long taken the “Containment of Rauxes” for granted but I never actually knew what was contained there. When I asked, I learned that neither did Lord Gelban. The evil dragons knew, but they never shared this information – a source of some contention he noted. He knows that Ivid the Undying broke some barriers and let loose things that should never have been freed. Most of the clerics involved in the containment were killed so the knowledge of what lies within is lost. Those who did not die were turned insane by whatever evil they touched there.

Bolo asked if perhaps a Primal was there, and it was a thought that had crossed my mind as well. But Lord Gelban felt there was nto. Primals do not generally involve undeath – they are definitively powerful but they are also simple. Fire is fire and nothing more, but animating a corpse is a complicated business with interacting forces and that is not characteristic of the Primals. It is assumed that Ivid had a stockpile of his most foul creatures in Rauxes. What is not known is if he released something as a last-ditch effort or if there was some divine or demonic influence.

Nonetheless Rauxes is marshalling its forces and beginning to overrun cities on the east coast. The capital is in a state of chaos. Lord Gelban had no information on the fate of the Overking but most of the surrounding cities were taking in many refugees, including Hexpools which is now relatively safe. The Cupric believes that the Black Brotherhood faction of the Scarlet Brotherhood may be in league with Rauxes but not truly understand what is happening.

And while Rauxes moves, somewhere underground is Chavram’s army. The question is are they allies?

The celebration was a grand one – the grandest I could ever remember. There was little enough to celebrate in recent years, and truly this was a good reason. It was a bit overwhelming to think of it being for us, but not so overwhelming that it made me enjoy it any less.

I had been at the palace preparing the last day, but the rest of the group was arriving that evening. The Queen’s own dressmaker was putting the finishing touches on my gown, and in the meantime I spent a completely decadent day of baths in scented oils, massages, and having my hair done. When it was all done, the result took my breath away. The shopping for fabrics and jewelry was enjoyable on its own, but the end result made me feel like a princess more than a returning hero. Not that I was complaining even the least little bit. Tonight I felt like a Lady, and while the lack of my usual arsenal of enchanted equipment left a strange empty feeling, it was more than compensated for by the way the celebration made me feel.

I made my way down to one of the many designated areas for magical transportation and took no small delight in the whispers and looks that followed my passing. There were several areas, as much to prevent accidents as to prevent diplomatic incidents. The entire palace was decorated in grand style, with floating will-o-wisps providing gentle illumination as twilight set in, and I walked in no particular hurry, taking in all the night offered. Just after I reached the garden area, Scorch transported them all to the palace. At their arrival, a half dozen pages went off in various directions to carry word while another stood ready to bring us to the main reception chamber.

We worked our way through the palace, in no particular hurry. At least I wasn’t – it would have been improper to move past the different groups without stopping to say hello or a few pleasant words. The page seemed a bit impatient but this was a matter of politeness and tradition. Dravot also knew these customs, and always shared a few words when passing dignitaries he was aquainted with. Indeed there were groups of people all over the palace, some more concerned with their appearance and location than others, all of which had subtle significance.

As we moved through the palace, I noticed more than a few elven courtiers taking notice of Scorch. Or perhaps it was more the black robes he was wearing, embroidered with an ornate gold brocade. I wasn’t sure where they came from but I started wondering if they had some significance.

The page said that the Queen would receive us in the formal audience chamber after which the party would retire to the outer gardens. When we came to the chamber, I could see a vast array of dignitaries – humans, dwarves, various elves, halflings, even a few gnomes. Their dress and bearing marked them as being from all over the Flanness – I made out representatives from the Uleks, the Yeomanry, Keoland, Bissel, Steirich, even a pair from Ket.

The Queen was near the throne, wearing a magnificent dress of green starsilk that flowed down several stairs before her. Near her was Onselven, wearing formal court robes and carrying an elaborate staff. The Queen stood up before Her throne and raised a hand, and all conversation ceased. And with all eyes on us, She brought us each into Her presence Herself.

“Behold these virtuous heroes and defenders of Celene, indeed of all nations. Protectors of the Prime and Most Favored of Our Court.”

“Lady Kayleigh Ladanna’al, Champion of Corellian and Celene.” As She called me, I went before the throne, trailing the midnight blue hues of my starsilk gown moving with me, and curstsied before the Queen. All eyes went with me as I did, and I made sure to catch Aran’gel’s stare and smile back at him as I went. It seemed all the preparation was well worth it, as I took his breath away too.

“Sir Aethramyr, Blade of Twilight, Chosen Champion of Sehanine.” Aethramyr looked perfect in fine but understated elven court dress. His confidence and serenity filled the hall as he came before the Queen, and I could see priests of Sehanine scattered in the crowd looking at him with special reverence.

“Lady Valanthe of Dyvers accompanied by Lord Hammer of Greyhawk.” Valanthe showed no hesitation as she moved down the aisle with all eyes upon her, but I swear I could see a grin on Hammer’s face thinking about how many people could see her all at the same time.

“Scorch, Master of the Grey Guild of Greyhawk.” Where each of us drew hushed whispers according to our nature, the tenor of the whispers as Scorch entered was somewhat different but it made little difference to him as he came forward, seeminingly indifferent to the ceremony.

“Lord Dravot d’Chandagnac, Baron of Brindinford, Living Saint of Pelor. At his side, Dame Zira bin Telbara, Paladin of Pelor, daughter of Ekbir, Sir Zara bin Telbara, Paladin of Pelor, son of Ekbir, and Sir Thorkeld, Lion of Brindinford, accompanied by Lady Thora d’Chandagnac.” They came together, as they always did of late, but this time it was for richly deserved thanks. Dravot today was more the nobleman than the priest, in a fine silk tunic in house colors, with only the holy symbol of Pelor to mark his faith. At his side, Zira wore a beautiful coat-hardie, ice-blue with small white and blew gemstones. Thorkeld and Thora made a lovely couple, he in an embroidered tunic similar to Dravot’s in his own colors, while she wore a silver dress with an elven style.

Zara… well, he tried. To others he looked strong and proud – but to those that knew him, he plainly didn’t want to be here.

“Master Bolo, Guardian of Beory’s grove, and Lonetooth, guardian and protector.” I suspect the lion drew more stares than anything else.

The Queen went on to describe our deeds in flowery but simplified terms. It was largely accurate – only once or twice did I raise a skeptical eyebrow. As she came to the destruction of the Lich Queen, she brought forth the silver sword of Gith.

“Know all that these defenders have turned over this powerful blade to Us, with the hope that it can be a tool to open a dialog with the githyanki in an attempt to reach an accord and find peace for the future. Since this is something that involves all the Flanness and with the lessons of the Greyhawk Wars in mind, We have opted to include representatives from many nations in these discussions.”

Then a new voice called from the throng. It belonged to an elf who was of slightly darker skin than usual, and it took me a moment to realize that this voice spoke from the Valley of the Mage. He said “What of those who have agreements already with the gith?”

The Queen was casting a wide net indeed, or perhaps it was more a statement of the times that an ambassador from the Valley of the Mage stood in the Celenian court.

The Queen answered “That is a matter that stands between the two of you then, however with the death of their queen, such an agreement may be voided. But you may want to stand with your neighbors that we may all leverage our weight together.”

Whether the valley elf was satisfied or not, the Queen considered it closed and went on. “For you see, while these are powerful defenders of the Prime, they cannot be everywhere at once. Should there be a full war, millions would die, and such a costly thing is not necessary. I will engage certain diplomats at my disposal to broach these subjects with the githyanki. Over the next days, the assembled ambassadors will be approached. We place this sword on display here tonight, that you may see and know it true. Let the celebration begin!”

The Queen left the blade hanging in the air and moved down the stairs to the garden, and the party truly began. There was music, fine drink, dancing, even fireworks supplied by the dwarves. I spent a wonderous evening feeling even more like a princess. I made sure Aran’gel stayed at my side the whole night and it didn’t even take much effort. We spent the night drinking, dancing, and being social. I think I must have been personally thanked by half the Flaness. It was perhaps one of the most wonderful nights of my life. I did what I did because I could and because it had to be done, but there was certainly no harm in being thanked for it just the same.

The others each had slightly different nights. Scorch spent most of the night talking to assorted arcanists in quiet corners. It seemed there were many wizards now without a home and they were looking to Scorch. Some of them were even formerly of the Horned Society, though of no particular rank.

I learned later that the ambassador from the Valley of the Mage approached Dravot with a most unusual proposition.

“The mage who has always led our kind has always been a mage and always been human. There has been more than one though that is not common knowledge beyond our borders. The mage’s name is Jonathan, and is always called Jonathan. Jonathan has died – he was assassinated. We are not sure if it was githyanki or something else, though we know the githyanki had no interest in our souls. We seek someone who would take up the mantle and protect our valley. And so I come to you, priest. What would you say to your friend doing this thing? Is he worthy?”

Dravot was shocked but covered it well. After a moment, he said carefully “I believe he is worthy, yes. But as to what his goals and plans for himself are, I cannot say. This you would have to take up with him. If you wish, I offer to act as an intermediary.”

The elf considered and responded “This would be most helpful. Perhaps he can discover who slew Jonathan. If the valley is long unprotected and it becomes known, the Yeomanry or someone else may try to take the valley back.”

[OOC: At this point I’d like to note that two things happened at the game session. First, Wizardru looked at Scorch’s player and said “Oh I’m gonna have *such* fun with you.” Second, we all started calling him “Jonathan”. “Hey, Jonathan, pass the chips.” And so on.]

It was a night to remember for everyone.

The plan was fairly simple: reconnaissance in force. We would teleport to Brindinford and from there wind walk up the river to Kalstrand. On the way we would assess the situation and possibly attack targets of opportunity. As we cruised up the river, we saw the occasional bit of wreckage and soon came to a pile of dead bodies in the river partially blocking the flow. Some of the bodies were undead, crawling around like insects on a corpse. Many were zombies, while others were “the drowned”. The river itself was not obstructed but we took a moment to destroy the zombies just the same. There was evidence in the area of organized troop movements as well. As we moved further, we could see skeleton shock troops or squads of zombies led by ghasts. Bolo could make out tracks of some kind of other creature that was much heavier than anything else. At one point we saw an undead eyeball floating in the air, just watching.

A mile farther we saw large swaths cut into the forest. The sections had been cut by undead who continued to fell trees and smaller brush near the river. The pattern of the paths seemed rather random however and made little sense until Bolo drifted higher to better see the pattern. He then realized that if the river were to flood, the missing trees would mean massive damage from erosion. The whole thing seemed rather subtle and pointless for an undead army but there must be a reason. Rather than move towards the city, we moved farther up-river to see if we could find any other unusual activity.

It didn’t take long before we were hearing more chopping and some buzzing sounds. We came around one bend and saw it – undead laborers working on a dam. No not a dam, a floodgate. It wasn’t being built to last but they were going to use it to release a great deal of water at once.

The construction crews were zombies and drowned. In the area, fast moving skeleton patrols moved on their routes. There were also two large golem-like creatures – as if someone stretched metal skin over a huge skelton. Bolo thought this was the creature whose large tracks he saw. In their chest was some kind of glowing energy source and they looked reminiscent of a devourer. Scattered around were three undead eyes watching the operation and there was a human standing on the dam who seemed to be in charge.

We had found our first target of opportunity.

Last edited:

WizarDru

Adventurer
Zad said:
Personally my thinking was there was no need to ransom it back for peace - we already have peace through superior firepower. We got the kind of peace you get when someone attacks you and you beat the crap out of them and they know full well you can do it again. We got the kind of peace you get from your enemy knowing that if they so much as look your way again, you'll go back and this time you won't leave anything or anyone standing.

That said, the sword is still a hot potato and this is as good a way to dump it as any. And as the Queen said, we can't be everywhere at once. I'm not sure how good this "peace" will do since the githyanki may end up being fragmented now rather than united under one leader, but we shall see.
The future, of course, is uncertain, and there's no question that the Gith are no longer unified, per se. However, you didn't really face the whole of the Gith nation, just it's oppresive leader and her cadres of the damned. And while there's little question that you can kill just about anything the Gith have to throw at you, that's a loser's game that they're not likely to play. Because, as the Elven queen pointed out, if they came at the prime with everything they had, particularly guerilla-style, then it becomes a butter-eating contest, as Homer Simpson might say. There are limits to what brute force can accomplish...especially if your opponent doesn't care whether he lives or dies.

Last edited:

Zad

First Post
Bah, you want long range thinking?!? The devil you say! :)

It's odd how we have gone from a limited tactical element in the world to one that can have a broad strategic impact on the global scene. Our thinking has changed but probably still lags behind. Astute readers will notice that there is never a shortage of things on our "to do" list lately - there is a lot of things we want to investigate/smash/take a hand in, not to mention fighting fires (githyanki invasion? what?). When you operate like this all the time, it's a struggle some days to see the bigger picture. It's a luxury we rarely see.

For a different perspective, here's what we've done in the last few weeks: After stopping an attack on Brindinford, we rescued the most powerful gold dragon from his captivity in the stronghold of the most powerful red dragon. Upon finishing that, we took on an ancient lich who had his hooks in things behind the scenes almost everywhere on the prime and beyond. After disposing of him, we returned to find our home plane under attack. We immediately countered one attack, launched an offensive strike the next day, then the following day destroyed the Githyanki Lich Queen. Of course all of the few scraps of information we have all point to something big going on in Rauxes and they just attacked and took the capital of the Great Kingdom, so we went out there to see what was going on after taking two days to relax.

Long range thinking? Erm.... yeah we'll get to that once our pants are no longer on fire.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bolo at the Queens party.

The party was fantastic. Bolo watched as the elves cavorted and danced to rhythms he had never heard before. Maybe it was his Elven ears now able to pick up nuances in sound that his Halfling ears could not but he was delighted. Unfortunately Lone tooth was not so happy. The dire lion sat there while the revelers gave him a wide birth.
“What do you think of all of this my friend?” Bolo asked.
“I could kill them all.” The human turned lion said.
“Um… That’s not what I was asking.” Bolo said more than a bit disturbed. “Have you ever seen such beauty outside the forests?”
Before the Lone Tooth could answer a figure in druids robes approached the Brandybuck and his guardian.
“Hello Brother!” said Bolo. He was happy to see another of the green having no real contact with another druids. “I’m Bolo Brandybuck. How are you?”
“I am called Windfall.” he said as he removed his cowl showing his face. “I am here on official business. The remaining druids have been discussing you and whether you are worthy of being our new leader.”
“I didn’t know you had met. Why didn’t anyone alert me? I want to see everyone. If I’m to be the new leader I should at least meet the people I’m to lead.” Bolo said a bit irritated.
“You have the loyalty of many of the younger Brothers and Sisters but not all of us.” Windfall replied.
“So what do I need to do to prove myself? What more than saving the green and destroying the Githyanki lich queen?” Bolo asked.
“We have decided on a contest of combat. You and the others who are worthy will fight for your place as rightful leader of our people.” Said Windfall.
Bolo stood for a moment and then asked, “Who are the others?”
“The Barrow King and Markus. Two worthy opponents” He replied.
“Will this be a fight to the death?” asked Lone Tooth.
“No. That would have no point.” Said Windfall.
“I guess I have no other choice but to fight. When is this to occur?” Bolo asked.
“One the evening of the Solstice. We will have the contest.”
“I have one last question. Do I have your support Windfall?” Bolo asked.
The druid thought for a moment and replied, “Yes. If you need to contact me you can do so through the First Ash. I must be going. There is much to plan.”
“Thank you my Brother.” Bolo said and hugged his new friend just before he left.
“Well. It seems that I have come to you just in time.” Lone Tooth said.
Bolo sipped his nectar and thought for a while until a handsome young elf wandered his way and invited him to a private party.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bolo sat in trance communing with the world around him. The Lone tooth had been badly hurt his first adventure out of the grove and it weighed Heavily on Bolo's mind. He asked the world if there were any druids other then himself nearby. The world answered no. He asked if there were any powerful energy pools or gateways in the area. he suddenly felt himself pulled into a frightenly vast amount of water. Two huge funnels of water swirled into existance and turned thier eyes at him. Bolo realised they really were the creatures eyes. He had stumbled upon the Water Primal. it lived under the city the undead were trying to deluge. Bolo gasped taking in a double lung full of water and the trance broke. He wretched the water up out of his lungs and swayed to his feet. "It's Here." was all he could say.

Zad

First Post
Undying - Chapter 2

Undying - Chapter 2

OOC Notes:

Exp will come later

This Week’s Adventure:

We floated our misty forms over to the treeline a few hundred feet from the dam. We started returning to our solid forms and I looked again at the creatures on the dam. The two golems appeared to be twisted skeletons that were then covered with metal sheets and had cords wrapped around them as if to imitate muscle. In their chest cavities, a sickly green light pulsed and swirled and I could make out shades of an almost humanoid figure wracked in rictus of pain. Between them was the creature in charge. It stood almost totally still, barely moving except from the neck up. It wore tight fitting black leathers, showing skin only from the neck up – probably for use in the water. The green skull of Orcus was plain on its chest.

Whatever this thing was, it had sharp eyes. As our group materialized, it was able to pick out some of our less stealthy from its post on the dam. So much for surprise. Dravot released a Sunburst over the dam, and most of the undead in the area shattered once into pieces and then again into mere dust. However the golems were completely unaffected, and the leather-clad creature seemed unperturbed as well. For my part, I destroyed the two disembodied eyes that were watching the area – we wanted our enemies to have as little information as possible.

The thing on the dam twitched suddenly and its head slid forward and withdrew inside its chest, covering it. Slots opened in the body, and it began floating up slowly from the top of the dam. Several spells must have been set to go off built into this armor for several mirror images sprang up as well as the creature becoming blurry. The golems then slowly turned and started hurling large rocks at us.

Rather than move over open ground, Dravot teleported to the bridge along with Bolo, Lonetooth, and the paladins. Bolo leapt off the far side of the dam and shimmered into the form of a kraken. I fired several arrows at the closer golem, and while they had some effect, it seemed insignificant to this beast.

Then the leather suit arched back in the air, and the limbs began twisting in directions no limb should twist. What at first was an incantation rose to a loud buzzing or chittering sound and then a stream of ghostly insects suddenly burst out of the top of the body. They rose in an arc and then crashed down on to the dam and our people. The ghostly insects tore at their flesh, biting and stinging, and then washed away leaving everyone bloody and battered. One of the golems then pummeled Dravot and even he was having difficulty taking this much punishment.

Valanthe fired a volley of magic missiles to eliminate the leather-thing’s mirror images while I made another try at putting a dent in the golem. Again, I was able to hit him but he still seemed unimpressed. Dravot invoked a healing wave, and while there was an effect, many of the bites and welts had such a taint of corruption that they resisted normal healing efforts. I think it was about then that we started becoming very worried.

Scorch sensibly shared Valanthe’s concerns about the armor suit and released a sonic detonation. Again, it was ignored by the golems, but the armor was beginning to show gaps and breaks. It floated up even higher and released another storm of insects but fortunately this one was not as intense as the last. But this thing needed some special attention before it could do much more damage. Valanthe removed the last of the mirror images and after a series of arrows and a fireball from Scorch, the armor finally shattered into a dozen pieces and fell back to the dam.

This only served to unveil a different problem – the head was still inside. Not just the head, but some of the spinal column and various bits of throat and other internals. A Penanggalan – a creature not seen for quite some time according to Dravot – was a bizarre type of vampire.

Vampires. I hate vampires. I hate anything that when you kill it, it just runs away and you have to kill it again. I tried hard to think of some other way to handle this thing, but didn’t have any good ideas, so I went through the motions. A volley of arrows was enough to destroy the thing, and sure enough it turned into a reddish mist and after a second, even the mist was gone; apparently it teleported away.

This left us with two angry golems, and they were certainly not to be taken lightly. We proceeded to pile on one of them, and the thing took more abuse than three full grown dragons could stand before it finally crashed to the water below. The second one was slightly better, not for being weaker but because we had some better ideas. Scorch made a few artful cuts in the stone with a spell and the creature went tumbling into the water. Once there the water was frozen solid around it. We could hear it battering at the ice, but it let us withdraw from the bridge area and prepare. Once it was out of the icy area, it began climing on to the dam again. It ignored every spell thrown at it, but after a long bombardment with ranged weapons, it finally came crashing down.

With the defenders gone, at least for the moment, we set about destroying their works. Between Bolo as a kraken and with help from elementals, the skeleton of the dam was reduced to rubble and floating wood within a few minutes. More spying eyes approached while the demolitions took place, but I made sure they didn’t see much before they were destroyed.

The whole situation was very disturbing. The troops were clearly working on a means of flooding Kalstrand. But why? Why even bother? If they wanted everyone dead, there were simpler ways to accomplish it. If they wanted to destroy the town, it would be easier to raze it than trying to flood it. Something just didn’t add up. And what about the construction crew? These were three extremely powerful creatures. Were they the elite of this attacking army? Were they the fierce leaders? Or were they just simple pawns sent to build a dam and there were far more powerful creatures in this army? This last thought was perhaps the most disturbing.

But while I pondered the apparent senselessness of it all, the undead were not idle. All the undead in the area were slowly forming a perimeter about a mile from us. At certain points, both Aethramyr and I could tell someone tried and failed to scry us. And Dravot noticed that the blasted skeletons in the area were slowly reassembling themselves bit by bit. Perhaps there was some kind of negative energy presence that was slowly regenerating them?

Once the dam was destroyed, we moved off. The undead, though still a mile away, were quick to back up. They did not seem intent on attacking us directly, at least not for the moment. Bolo asked that we stop so that he could commune with The Green and explore the area that way. He knelt and began to chant. But after a few minutes, he was scrambling backwards with a look of horror, and then suddenly began wretching. When he collected his wits, he told us what he saw.

“I was drowning. Drifting. Overwhelmed in water. Then I saw a vortex, swirling and spiraling. Then I could see two of them. Eyes. Vast eyes. Looking at me.”

So now we knew why Orcus’ army was here: somewhere deep under Kalstrand, the water primal was trapped. And they meant to release it.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
A side note from off camera.

For those readers who may have just tuned into this story line and thise who know the situation...

The water Elementals have stopped coming when Bolo calls them.
That's right. they are refusing to answer the (defacto) high druid's call. Bolo attempted to summon an Elder Water Elemental to aid in the destruction of the dam but it refused to obey.

Now Bolo has a small problem that had become a much larger one then he knew about.

Bolo's history with Water Elementals is a bad one. He has summoned them only to have them...
1) Have orbs of super toxic acid thrown into them. (At the time I thought Water elementals were inpervious to all liquid attacks. <from another game I played it would seem>
2) He summoned one to fight a half fire elemental beholder. Now that in itself was not the issue. what was is the location. He was on the Fire elemental plane. (the poor elemental didn't last a half round. it just showed up and vaporized. <I was really tired and didn't think it through.>)

From that time He has heard rumors that he is considered the Boogie man to all the little Water Elementals. I just laughed it off as nonsense until last game. Now... what do you think will happen when the Water Primal shows up? I'm gonna get my delectible butt handed to me.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
When Oakenhart the Treant told Bolo that his Son was here at Ruun-Khazai Bolo and Windsaber, Bolo's bodyguard, immediately went looking for him. There in the meadow where only a few months ago Bolo had seeded Tickleberry bushes was a group of Halflings picking the ripe fruit. Bolo looked around from a distance until he saw the top of her head. “Still as golden as ever.” Bolo thinks. It must be the dye she uses. Bolo points the pair out to Windsaber and they approach. He can see Geo now. Still not quite over a foot tall but strong for his age, he takes after his Grandpapa. The chestnut brown hair flowing like spider silk in the wind and the big brown eyes are all from his father.
Bolo’s “ex-mate” is the first to see him. He looks into her face and sees the night of the ritual when he and Wilo Sunstrom were paired for a mating ceremony. It was a sacred honor to be chosen to mate and give your child up to the druidic council for upbringing. It’s an old custom but time honored and Wilo and Bolo were friends. They thought it wouldn’t change them. How wrong they were.

Smiling as he approached Bolo said hello just as his son Geo turned. Wilo was not terribly amused to see the Druid and certainly not a dire lion. “Well if it isn’t my ex-husband whom I destroyed for all females then turned Elven.” She said bitingly.
“Hi Wilo. How are you? Hey Geo. Daddies home!” Bolo said trying not to seem as offended as he was.
“DADDY!” cried the Halfling boy sheer joy on his face. “I’m a Half-Elf!” He said with pride in his young voice.
Bolo looked at his pure blood Hairfoot Halfling son and said, “You’re a Half-Elf? When did that happen?”
Geo was all smiles as Bolo held his son for the first time in almost 10 months. “Well Daddy, if you’re an Elf now that makes me half Elven.” The boy laughed.
“Tell me Wilo, how have you both been? How did you find Ruun-Khazai?” Bolo queried. “It’s not like we posted that we were here. I did send for you and Geo to come to the Grove in the Land of Black Ice. But not here.”
Wilo sneered a bit and said, “We were lead here by a vision of the mother goddess of the Halflings. All of the Halflings that are here received the vision. No thanks to you.”
Bolo thought for a moment and remembered that the Shadow taker claimed that HE had sent Bolo’s parents that vision. He will be re-evaluating that thought often in the passing of this day.
“Well be that as it may I’m overjoyed to see you both alive and well. I’ll be back later to help with the harvest. Right now Geo and I have some flying to do. Would you like to go flying through the air with me Geo?” Bolo said as he turned into his air elemental form. Geo looked his father over and said, “Not like that Daddy!”
“Well in what form. Your Daddy has learned all sorts of new bodies.”
“A Griffon! I want to fly a Griffon!” and with that said Bolo changed into his griffon form and with Geo climbing on to his back and holding tight to his fathers feathered head they rose up about 20 feet into the air and Bolo took his son for a ride around Ruun-Khazai.
“Wonderful.” Wilo gripped even with wonder evident in her eyes, “How am I supposed to compete with a man who can turn into a griffon and fly my son off any time he feels like it?”

On the ground Windsaber and Wilo just looked at each other and sighed. Bolo was not what they had expected for their lives, Nope, not at all.

Last edited:

Zad

First Post
Undying - Chapter 3

Undying – Chapter 3

OOC Notes:
1725 exp for Chapter 2
2000 for Chapter 3.

This Week’s Adventure:
Not a good day. Not even a little.

But I’ve had a bath, and a nice glass of wine. (Several actually.) I still can’t decide if the entire situation is outrageous, ridiculous, or just insane, but I don’t really care as much now. Had I known what was waiting, I would have started drinking much earlier in the day.

Not that it would have helped.

I also find myself becoming more troubled. Sometimes I think I could do more to undermine Fraz’s plans if I just stayed in the tub or napped under a tree. And wisdom seems in precious short supply.

But I’m starting to ramble; let me remember to write down the events before I try to understand them. In Kalstrand, the area was now teeming with undead. They were staying a good distance away, but they were out there. Since our presence was fully known, we concluded there was little more we could do here for now, and decided to withdraw. There was another matter that needed some attention, and this seemed like a good time to attend to it.

After all, we’d been told there was an eye of a dead god laying about our fortress. We probably should check on it or something. So we teleported to Ruun-Khazai. Except not quite the Ruun-Khazai that we had left. After much reflection, I’ve come to a single conclusion:

I liked it better when the githyanki controlled it.

We appeared just outside the Sanctum Dome, but it took a moment to realize we had indeed landed in the right spot. The doors of the dome had been replaced, and there was now an awning that circled the entire dome. I had to bend and turn suddenly as a large wooden beam swung by, carried by an ogre coming through the new doors.

An ogre. I had wondered if we might return some time and find the place had been in habited by monsters of some kind, particularly with the giants run out of Geoff. Was this it? I held an arrow in place with a finger on my bow hand while questions were asked. I would have just killed the thing, but I didn’t see it as much of a threat and was still shocked and confused. The ogre didn’t speak any language we knew, which of course made things more chaotic, but it didn’t seem threatened. Scorch finally cast a Tongues and started relaying what the ogre was rambling on about “… yeah told him to be careful but he not listen. But newcomers never careful. Almost hit them with beam. Nobody ever listen to Goon....”

A figure in jet black robes came out from around a corner, apparently having heard the commotion and began saying “Yes, I’ve told him to be careful…” Then she stopped. Then she got a good look at us. Then she promptly ran off screaming towards a cluster of new buildings.

New buildings?

As her screaming faded as she ran (it certainly didn’t drop in intensity) I couldn’t help but stare at the new buildings. The architecture was hard to place, but they were definitely newly erected. I stopped for a moment – we had only been gone perhaps two months in Prime days. Where did all this come from?

To say I was becoming agitated would be putting it rather mildly. “Livid” is a good start though.

Despite questions, the ogre was providing no usable answers. He continuted to babble on about what he was told and peer at us through a curious lens. Then the frog came.

Now mind you I live a strange life these days. But this was getting odd even for me.

The ogre stopped and looked up the hill and was pointing at a frog. A large frog. Large enough to be carrying an ogre mage as a rider. And that’s a pretty big frog. And he was hopping our way, the rider wearing armor and carrying a formidable lance. I debated firing at him, and it certainly would have relieved some of the stress, but two things held me back. (If you don’t count the screaming of the rest of the group to calm down.) First, his lance was not leveled at us in a hostile way, and second, Aethramyr said he was a paladin.

An ogre mage paladin. Riding a giant frog. In the middle of our fortress. But wait, it gets better.

He approached us and reigned in his frog. (I can’t believe I’m even writing those words.) He greeted us, and said that he was Haggarak. He introduced his frog, the noble Croak. (I can’t believe I heard that, let alone wrote it down.) He also seemed to have some idea of who we were, but I wasn’t sure what to make of that.

Haggarak had the virtue of at least speaking Common. Presented with that, I immediately demanded to know what he was doing here, what these ogres were doing here, what all this construction was, and generally what the hell was going on here. My companions were a bit more sedate about the whole affair. Ok perhaps that’s an understatement. But by now I had gone past “livid” and was rapidly heading for “kill them all and let Corellian sort them out” and I wanted some answers about what was going on in our fortress, and the fact that this ogre appeared to be a paladin wasn’t really carrying much weight with me right about then.

Haggarak was disturbed by my questions and my manner. Which was fine with me; at least I had his attention. He said “I am sure the Chief can answer your questions. It is not my place.”

I had enough. “I’ll tell you what – either you can tell us what’s going on here in the next thirty seconds, or I can just assume it’s an invasion and start killing everyone I see. You decide.”

Haggarak looked genuinely shocked by this threat. He paused a moment, trying to understand what was happening here. He said, almost sadly “I have been told that you are basically a good person.”

I stared back with ice in my voice. “You were misinformed. And when I return to a fortress and find it teeming with all manner of creatures that were not here when I left, I become rather hostile. Now do you wish to explain or shall I simply start shooting?”

This isn’t to imply nobody else had anything to say – indeed quite a lot of things were being shouted. Mostly at me, and mostly along the lines of “calm down.” I didn’t care. We’d returned to what was a secret fortress that we had left with all of two creatures in it, and found that it was now swarming with all manner of monsters. I wanted them gone, and if I wasn’t going to do that I was damn well going to have some answers.

It occurs to me now that I wish I’d had the good sense not to want the answers. Ignorance is bliss. I must remember that more often.

Haggarak looked… disappointed. He may have decided it would be a poor idea to aggravate me further. Or he may have decided that it was wiser to avoid a conflict in which innocents would be hurt. Or he may have just given up in disgust. In any case, he answered, quickly and concisely. He said that a crack had opened in to the Underdark, and refugees had escaped. The Kobold Chief told them they could take refuge here. Soon other refugees arrived. Then mages arrived, having heard that Scorch was rebuilding the guild. And then there were halflings, dwarves, humans and others. Soon ambassadors arrived from Bissel and other places, and the Chief could not turn them away, so he received them. Things have developed from there.

When Haggarak said “the Kobold Chief”, the collective groan that erupted from our entire group was unlike anything I had ever heard.

Valanthe had disappeared during the conversation. She knew where the root of the matter was and she was going to find him. She slipped unseen through the Sanctum Dome, through the secret doors, and into the underground passages that lead to the Heart of the fortress.

Soon, she came to a decorated door that wasn’t looking like that last time she saw it. Inside, she heard two voices. Two kobold voices.

She slipped inside with practiced ease and had to make a conscious effort to make herself noticed standing in the doorway. Before here were two kobolds, rolling around on a decadent pile of furs and blankets.

“Ahem.”

Meepo froze. Then slowly – very slowly – he turned around and looked at the door, and saw Valanthe.

Meepo swallowed hard. “Uh oh.”

It was time to go have a little chat with the Kobold Chief. Haggarak “led” us to his chambers. “Because obviously we need to be led around our own fortress to find that little worm of a kobold” I thought to myself. I think Haggarak was probably more worried I’d kill him when I found him. He might have been right too.

When we got there, Valanthe was already there and Meepo was hastily dressing himself. Meepo was a lot of things, and while “idiot” was one of them, “complete idiot” was not. He didn’t even have to see the look on my face to know he better start talking and fast. (Come to think of it, I don’t think he actually looked directly at me the whole time.)

Meepo related the same basic scenario that Haggarak had but with an added twist. A crack had opened to the Underdark. When we did not return for a while, Meepo, with his keen analytic mind, concluded that we must be in the Underdark, so he set out to rescue us. There he had any number of adventures, even talked his way past two mind flayers and freed many slaves. Of course he had to take them in. And then the refugees started showing up and he told them to do good and they could stay. I’m still not entirely clear what war was happening in the Underdark – the drow are apparently at war with everyone but it sounded fairly normal. I wondered if Chavram had something to do with it but he wasn’t mentioned. And then there were a couple mind flayers that came out and caused havoc until they were captured. Actually one was captured, the other was killed.

The next thing Meepo knew, there were ambassadors showing up from Bissel. We had determined some time ago that Ruun-Khazai had landed on the edge of Bissel but were not about to discuss it with the government. But they came, and so Meepo had to meet with them and make a treaty with them.

I groaned.

Then there were the wizards that said they came at Scorch’s invitation. Some of them were in various houses nearby, while others were in a tower on the hill. The ones in the tower arrived with masks on and wearing robes, making us immediately wonder if it wasn’t some refugee from the Horned Society massacre. They all said they were here at Scorch’s invitation however. Some of them were even already studying the eye of the dead god.

Then Meepo said “Oh, and nice druid’s son and “mate” are here too.”

This of course was enough to completely blind Bolo to everything else and make him ecstatic, when it should have made him even more worried.

I asked “And who are the people in the black robes that ran away screaming?”

Meepo cowered. “Um, they drow.”

It was at this moment that I decided that killing was too good for Meepo. I’m amazed I could think at all what with all the people yelling to calm down. It’s not as if I had killed or even hurt a single creature… yet. That’s not saying I didn’t desperately want to however.

I was ready to scream, but managed to say "When word gets out that there are nasty ogres and drow and kobolds living in a fortress in the hills, adventuring groups are going to start coming to destroy them. What are you going to do when the first group of adventurers shows up? Huh?"

Meepo sheepishly pointed to one of the new buildings "They're over there working on the awnings."

First things first: if the mages in the tower were from the Horned Society, they would have to go. The entire group went en masse to the tower on the hill. Two large crystals slowly circled the tower at the top, and the entrance was just a brick wall that looked somewhat out of place. Before we got to the top, I suddenly realized that most of these creatures had been here when the githyanki invasion had begun. The githyanki were looking for the eye – they would have destroyed everything here to find it.

“Meepo,” I asked “what would have happened if the githyanki found you here and attacked?”

“Oh that not happen. Beggar said so,” he replied, as if he were saying the sky is blue.

I fought a quick but desperate battle with myself to resist the urge to throttle him just a little. “What beggar?”

“The beggar at the inn,” Meepo answered, as if overwhelmingly proud that the area was large enough to support an inn and an actual beggar.

Why did I even try?

We reached the tower and saw the brick wall. Before we could do much more, the wall disappeared, and a woman in robes welcomed us and invited us in.

The truth is that I missed much of the discussion. I was being overwhelmed by the pounding headache the whole thing had given me. I was just starting to grasp the depth of what was going on at Ruun-khazai, and it was making me ill. Not only was our safe haven gone – in some ways that was the least of the implications – but there was now a whole new sphere of problems to consider. But I remember there was the woman – Jara Solaren – and her husband. They were Skullfire mages which was apparently a lot of Grey Guild rejects. I caught the fact that they were most definitely not Horned Society. I heard that they had come at Scorch’s invitation as relayed by our old friend The Burning Skin. And there was something about her husband being undead. And that last part didn’t please Dravot at all. So they decided to tell her and her husband to leave or they would be forcibly removed. The woman decided that leaving was fine and they’d be gone the next day.

So apparently ogres and hundreds of drow are ok, but one zombie is not. I didn’t even bother asking for someone to explain that one.

With that handled, we split up. Scorch went off to meet with the mages who were studying the eye, Bolo went to find his son, and Dravot, Aethramyr and I went to talk to the ambassador from Bissel. I wasn’t sure what Bissel expected but I wasn’t going to have them dictating terms to us. Mostly I think I was hoping he would want something unreasonable so I could yell.

Scorch later reported that not only was the library of the guild safely stored in a demi-plane, but it was now accessible to him and that time moved much faster there. This could facilitate a number of projects for us. Of course no good news comes without twice the measure of bad – Venn had been here. He borrowed some books on neutrality and the potential existence of a neutral plane.

The ambassador was staying at the inn. (When did they have time to build an inn?) The inn was on the Great Goblin Road. For a moment, I beamed brightly at having found some good in all this until I was told that it didn’t mean what I probably thought it meant, and all my visions of a road lined with goblin skulls vanished in a depressing puff of smoke.

We entered the inn and soon the ambassador came down. He was a dwarf named Forbin, and it seemed that he’d gotten the job by not quite being quick enough at saying “No!” This particular ambassador was from the government – there were others from trade and merchant guilds. (It seemed the refugees from the underdark brought their wool along with them so substantial trade was going on.) The Bissel government wanted to pursue a non-aggression treaty, and was prepared to name Kobold Country (groan) as a fully autonomous principality. Dravot and Forbin continued the discussion for some time, but as soon as I heard that they were being reasonable, I lost all interest and had a few glasses of wine.

Somewhere in the discussion the beggar came up again. Any beggar that knew the plans of the githyanki certainly raised some curiousity, so when Forbin and Dravot were done, we went outside to talk to him.

Half asleep, propped up against a tree was a scruffy human in dirty clothes. As we approached, he held out a cup and said “Spare a copper, bla bla bla.” Kobold Country may have attracted a beggar, but he didn’t seem like he’d be a successful one. I threw a copper in his cup, and he looked up at me under bushy eyebrows. Our eyes locked, and the truth became clear.

Olidamarra.

I’d come to enjoy our little encounters more and more of late, but even he wasn’t going to lift my mood this time. The whole situation stank like week-dead orc, and in the space of two hours I had gone from being under attack to mad to incensed to livid to outraged to frustrated and was winding my way to hopelessness. I didn’t even feel up to the usual veiled hints this time and didn’t do much more than sip my wine.

Dravot asked Olidamarra about what Orcus would want with the water primal. Olidamarra insisted on a copper before he would answer anything. Then he thought better of it and wanted a copper and an ale. Once satisfied, he said “I might have one person build me an inn. And then have another person build me the furniture. But I wouldn’t tell either one what I was doing. Because if I were building an inn, because that’s where souls go to rest, I wouldn’t want either of them to know what I was up to.”

“Oh and um… If I were you I wouldn’t go about a mile-and-a-half south right now. Nope. Wouldn’t do it.” And then he took a long pull from his ale.

Dravot asked “Were we intended by someone to kill the lich queen?”

The beggar drank again and said “The real problem when you build a house – if you teach a fellow to build a house, he might go build one for himself. So if you want to be the only house in town, you don’t teach him how to build a house.”

Then he fell asleep after drinking the last of the ale. And in thinking about his responses through my headache, I think this was the first time Olidamarra didn’t tell us anything that we didn’t already know. He didn’t even really tell us much at all. Normally I could fathom his meaning but this time he was making no sense. It’s probably the headache.

By now Bolo had rejoined us after he’d found his son and spent some time with him. He had gone flying and spotted a large structure to the south – probably where Olidamarra said not to go. It was some bizarre cross between a paperwasp hive and a spider’s cacoon. When asked, Meepo said it was the drow enclave. I assume Olidimarra was saying not to go there so that I wouldn’t get even further incensed.

And then when Scorch and Valanthe both found us, the “discussions” started. I was still outraged at the developments here, while the reactions of the others ranged from indifferent to pleased. And of course there was no changing it. Even if the near 500 residents (many of whom were not evil) were run off or even killed, the location was known to far too many people. Ruun-Khazai had only a few endearing qualities, but one of them was it was a secret. That quality was now shattered, and our safe haven with it.

Bolo, blinded by his delight at his son’s presence, couldn’t see anything beyond the end of his nose. And he could not grasp how any of this could be a bad thing.

“Why are you such a total bitch?!?!” he yelled at me.

And I just stared back at him. And stared some more. And finally it hit me – he just can’t help it that he’s an idiot. And there was no point in trying to explain it to an idiot – he just couldn’t grasp it. I felt pity for him, and a little jealousy at the same time.

Forget that our one place of privacy was gone. Forget that evil creatures and racial enemies were now roaming around what used to be our private sanctum. Forget the fact that a hundred drow are ok but a single undead husband isn’t.

What about all the “invitations” that were supposedly sent in our names? What about the visions the halflings received supposedly from their god to come here, when we know full well the divinity won’t give anyone the time of day right now? What about all the armies roaming the Flaness right now? What happens when this place is attacked? When Bolo’s son is slaughtered or worse? What happens when our enemies come here and destroy, either to get back at us, or to draw us out? We can’t be everywhere at once, and we have a hard enough time defending that which is dear to us already. Now in addition to everything else, we should watch over this place too?

And that’s just the start of what this means. But he just couldn’t see it. None of it.

I’d had enough. I never had any great love of Ruun-Khazai, but I did at least feel a little safe here. Now that was gone, and this place held nothing but problems. And since there was no further reason for me to be here, and I was quite tired of being shouted at, I teleported to Celene and someplace I could call home and feel safe in.

So I sit in the bath, with too many questions and no place to find the answers. The assembled divinity seems to have turned its collective back on the world and is letting the undead armies of Orcus roam free. Stopping the githyanki was one thing, but those armies look too massive for even us to turn back. And then there’s the water primal and whatever plan Orcus has for it. And whatever it is, surely the idea came first from Fraz.

Fraz was the key to it all, but the most inscrutable of the lot. I never had any doubt that he allied with the githyanki to create a diversion and draw the attention of powerful forces away from what was happening in Rauxes. And I’m just as sure he intended us, or someone like us, to destroy the lich queen, and likely the ShadowTaker too. It was all part of his plans. And I find I’m quite tired of being used as a pawn in his plans.

Perhaps tomorrow I’ll speak with the Queen and see what the divination binder can see. Since the divnity choses not to answer, perhaps arcane divinations can shed some light on these machinations. I should also visit the Celenian. He may wish to know of the fates of the elven souls taken by the gith.

But for now, I think another glass of winter wine will do.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Greybar said:
Go Meepo!

Ah, the weight of the world upon the shoulders of heroes. It's easier when it's just "smash this and kill that", isn't it. :)

Good stuff, all. I particularly like that it sounds like people were wonderfully in character for a very RP episode. Not that this SH doesn't seem to have a lot of good in-character stuff, but it's still great to see.

john
Zad and I sit next to one another and while Kayleigh was on one of her rants I almost kicked "her" under the table. Bolo and She are so opposite in thought about other races. She's practicly xenophobic and Bolo's a Xenophile. He just loves everyone as long as thier good beings (even the Undead like Val's Shadows.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads