Wizards In Winter - High-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Deva repeats the question in giant and dwarven.

"There are plenty of examples in history of intelligent races that demand a sacrifice or heroic deed for rights of marriage or claims of justice."

He tries to recollect any specific instance from this island and how it relates to ladies of summer and winter or which quest might gain the party most benefit.

History (1d20+14=24)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
When he sees that the man is out of danger, Tarkus stands and turns to the remaining tribesman. "Does anyone have a dagger I can borrow?" he mutters to his companions. "I'm forbidden to shed blood, but that doesn't apply to my own..."

Once he's obtained a dagger, and placed it in his belt, he waves to get the tribesmen's attention and performs a curious ritual:

He bows his head slightly, holding his hands towards them, palms out, well away from his weapon.
He plucks the dagger from his belt, cuts his own palm, and tosses it on the ground. He shows the bloody cut to his audience.
He reaches into his back and pulls out a jar of mystic salve, which he tilts towards them to show them. Then he places it on the ground.
He dips one finger into the salve and spreads the ointment on his wound, again giving them a good look at his palm.
He dips another finger into the salve and spreads it around the face and forehead of the fallen speaker.
Finally he stands again, shades his eyes and turns in a circle to scan the horizon.
He makes an exaggerated shrug, points at the salve, points at the tribesmen, turns in another circle, pointing in random directions, and shrugs again.
Then he stares at the tribesmen, palms out again, waiting expectantly.

[sblock=OOC]
Trying to get across the concepts: "I'm not going to hurt you. Look, I have some healing salve! I can heal your hurts with it too. But I don't know where to find more of it. Where can I find the herbs that your people use?"

Also, I'm going out of town on vacation until the middle of next week. Please NPC me until I get back.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Whom are we waiting for? Do we need more of a plan or are we waiting for DM feedback (I believe at least Dox's Perception hasn't been handled).

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: I think this will take much too long if I keep it free form, so let me explain where to start.

Part 1 (before the feast)

Shaman: Gather Rare Herbs (Nature needed to identify herbs that might grow in the area)
Queen: Find Valuable Object (Dungeoneering to locate valuable minerals)
Chief: Hunt a Great Beast (Nature to figure out where such a beast might be found)

Remove ads