Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Right, I figured it gave him a chance to break free or kill the peryton, but I was worried about the 30 foot fall killing him. So I thought I'd get the heal ability ready.

Son of Meepo

First Post
GM: The only problem is you can't use a minor action to ready:

[sblock=Ready an Action]Choose Action to Ready: Choose the specific action you are readying (what attack you plan to use, for example) as well as your intended target. You can ready a standard action, a move action, or a minor action. Whichever action you choose, the act of readying it is a standard action.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Well, shoot. So... that is where the successful skill check would have made this run smoother... I hope that I'll be able to use the Ardent Surge next round... assuming he's still alive.

Someone

Adventurer
Stunned by the peryton's sudden sttack the pixie doesn't notice at first how he's the prey now until he's far away from the rest of the group, then emits a high pitched screech of panic as it discovers how dangerous the situation is. El chupacabra thrashes around, trying to grab onto anything, until, by a fortunate coincidence, he manages to catch some of the biggest feathers on the peryton's left wing, which he immediately tears off. When his captor turns his head to bite him in turn, the pixie uses the hance to sink the tiny club's nail on the flying monster's eye.

This, combined with the loss of the feathers, makes the peryton's flight erratic. It finally crashes with great force against the cliff, breaking its antlers and definitely killing it. Now free, el chupacabra hurries downwards and darts onto a nearby cave trying to get out of the rest of the monsters' sight.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Fallen needle attack technique on P4, fails to hit. Roll includes penalties for being grabbed.
AP - Standard action: Fallen needle again, this time hits for 12 damage
Free action: Flurry of blows on P4 for 7 extra damage, enough to kill the peryton and I assume ending the grab. I still have until the end of my round to fly back to my altitude limit.
Move: Fly to V19
Minor: Fallen needle movement technique to move 3 squares (current position, 1 square inside the cave)[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]El Chupacabra (or the Horrible Creature in the bird cage) - Pixie monk 2
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 16, Passive Insight: 11
AC:21 Fort:15 Ref:17 Will:13
HP: 8/33 THP: 0 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 10/10
Speed: 4 walking, 6 flying (max altitude 1), AP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d6+1 (club) or 1d8 (unarmed)

Powers:
Fallen Needle, Five Storms
Swift River Floods, Pixie dust, Shadow Wrought weapon, Shrink, Unseelie eyes
Steel Avalanche[/sblock]

Last edited:

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Ilex uses some herbs to heal herself, stands then slows one of the perytons down by turning it's blood to stone.

[sblock=actions]
Minor: Herbal Healing (Encounter Minor Melee 1 ✦ Arcane) Wizard Utility 2
Effect: The target can make a saving throw and use his or her second wind if it is available.
Move: Stand
Standard: Stone Blood on P1, dmg. (1d20+6=25, 1d6+5=9)
Stone Blood (At-Will Standard Area burst 1 in 10 ✦ Arcane, Implement, Transmutation) Wizard Attack 1
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: +6 vs Fortitude
Hit: 1d6+5 damage and the target is slowed until the end of Ilex's next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ilex's Stats]Ilex Cassine - Hammadryad Witch 2
Passive Perception 15, Passive Insight 20
AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 15, Will 17
HP 19/28 Bloodied 14, Surge Value 7, Surges 8/8
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0
[ ]Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Stone Blood, Witch Bolt, Light, Mage Hand
Encounter Powers: [ ]Chameleon's Mask, [X]Hamadryad Aspects, [X]Glorious Presence, [ x]Herbal Healing
Daily Powers: [X]Augury, [x]Healing Word, [X]Arcane Whirlwind[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Lenyara shifted back into her human form, scanning the area to see where the foes had gotten to. she twirled her net around and slung it at the nearest beast, but the creature twisted in the air and her throw went wide.

[sblock= OOC]
>Minor: Body of the (wolf)- shift back to human form
>Minor: Switch aspect to Dancing Serpent
>Standard: RBA with thrown net at Peryton 3; 1d20+5 (vs. AC)= 10, miss; rolls Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
With one of the peryton dead and several badly wounded, the creatures decide to seek out a new home. After a search of the cave, you locate the minerals you are looking for. You then return to the Summer village an assist Elvidra in purging the eternal winter. With her thanks, you gather up the celebratory supplies (and a few other treasures) and head back to the ship.

You arrive back in Daunton with only hours to spare. Valkin jumps higher than you would have expected was possible at the sight of your arrival. He has a large crew of volunteers ready to move the goods off the ship and help set up.

Valkin invites you to partake in the celebration. Even though it is aimed at the children all are welcome to celebrate the solstice.

GM: With the game slowing down and as I am going to be going on vacation soon, I decided to wrap the game up. Thank you for playing everyone. I hope you enjoyed it.

There was supposed to be a skill challenge to enact the ritual, but I noticed between Ilex's excellent skills and your ability to assist, it was almost impossible for you to fail, so I have hand-waved it and awarded you the XP for the challenge.

[MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION], please approve the rewards, especially the quest rewards which might be a little unusual. If I need a proposal for any of them, please let me know.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=XP earned]
06-MAR-2012 (ALL)
Encounter XP (part 1) = 4908 / 7 = 701 xp each
Quest XP (part 1) = 100 XP each
Time XP (part 1 - 2 months) = 334 XP each, (Lenyara 500 XP)

29-MAY-2012 (Lenyara, Ilex, Marrgash, Chupacabra, Merri)
Encounter XP (part 2) = 2650 / 5 = 530 xp each
Quest XP (part 2) = 300 XP each
Time XP (part 2 - 3 months) = 627 XP each, (Lenyara 750 XP)

XP Earned (Includes Time XP)
Caim - 1135
Nalkyr -
Ilex - 2592
Marrgash -
Chupacabra - 2592
Merri - 2592
Lenyara - 2881

[sblock=Awarded 06-MAR-2012/29-MAY-2012]1 tigerclaw scout, level 4 skirmisher (175 * 2 = 350)
2 tigerclaw braves, level 3 soldier (150 * 2 * 2 = 600)
8 tigerclaw hordelings, level 3 minion skirmisher (38 * 8 * 2 = 608)
1 voice in the darkness, level 1 elite controller (200 * 2 = 400)
1 dryad recluse, level 5 lurker (200 * 2 = 400)
2 twig blight swarms, level 5 brute (200 * 2 * 2 = 800)
1 bloodthorn vine, level 2 soldier (125 * 2 = 250)
1 icicle swarm, level 6 skirmisher (250 * 2 = 500)
1 yeti rampager, level 5 skirmisher (200 * 2 = 400)
1 white dragon wyrmiling, level 1 elite brute (200 * 2 = 400)
4 dust devil sprites, level 1 minion skirmisher (25 * 4 * 2 = 200)
4 perytons, level 4 skirmishers (175 * 4 * 2 = 1400)

Ritual: Restore the Summer village (Level 2 Complexity 5 Skill challenge)
(625 * 2 = 1250)

Minor Quests:
Heart of Wood (25 * 2 = 50)
Heart of Ice (25 * 2 = 50)
Heart of Earth(25 * 2 = 50)

Major Quest: Return the missing shipments (125 * 2 = 250)[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=treasure earned]
Time Gold (part 1):
252 gp each (Lenyara 508 gp)

Time Gold (part 2): 534 gp each (Lenyara 762 gp)

2 potion of healing (used 1)
2 potions of cure light wounds
2 alchemist's fire
2 tanglefoot bags
1 potion of clarity (level 5)
1 potion of cure light wounds
1 elemental accelerant

800 sp (part 1)
480 gp (part 1)

620 gp (part 2)

GP Earned (Includes Time GP)
Caim - 332 gp
Nalkyr - 332 gp

Ilex - 990 gp
Marrgash -
990 gp
Chupacabra - 990 gp
Merri - 990 gp
Lenyara - 1474 gp

Rhythm Blade Short Sword +1 (Nalkyr)

Feyswarm Staff +1 (Ilex)
Familiar's Baldric (Ilex)

Staff of Sleep and Charm +1 (Marrgash)
Healer's Brooch +1 (Marrgash)

Boots of Adept Charging (Lenyara)
Sylvan Hide Armor +1 (Lenyara)

Amulet of Physical Resolve +2 (Chupacabra)

Onyx Dog (Merri)
Brooch of Shielding +1 (Merri)

Quest Rewards

What You've Always Wanted
You have been invited to the solstice celebration that you helped save. At the celebration you are presented with a gift that happens to be just what you've always wanted. You may immediately acquire one wondrous item (except tattoo) of level 6 or lower, alternately the gift may be up to 900 gp worth of rituals, alchemical formulas and/or components, 600 gp of consumable items, or a mundane but intricate toy that can be sold for 450 gp.

Favor of the Toymaker
Valkin is eternally grateful for your help. As such he is always willing to assist you by doing what he does best. From now on, whenever you are in Daunton (between adventures or during adventures with DM permission), you can purchase non-rare heroic tier wondrous items (except tattoos) and non-rare heroic tier consumable items at a 10% discount.[/sblock]

OOC: Approved

Remove ads