• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards In Winter - Low-Level Thread (DM: Son of Meepo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Damn, good thing [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION] trained Endurance.

Caim scowls. She would prefer to avoid having to fight in these conditions, but it looked like she would have little choice in the matter. "If someone can reach the pool at the end of this chamber and retrieve the Heart of Ice," she murmurs, "We can get out of here with less risk of life and limb. It should be someone quick, and someone who can easily scale ice and cliffs."

[sblock=Statblock]Caim - Female Half-Elf Fighter|Battlemind 1
Initiative: +1, Passive perception: 10, Passive Insight: 17
AC:19 Fort:15 Ref:13 Will:15 PP: 2
HP: 33/33 Bloodied: 16 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 5/13
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: used, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +5 vs AC, 1d6+2 (Only use after Eldritch Strike and all PP are expended)
Powers: Brash Strike, Twisted Eye, Battlemind's Demand, Blurred Step, Guardian's Counter, Eldritch Strike, Steel Unity Strike[/sblock]

[sblock=Out-of-Turn Action Conditions]Caim will always use Blurred Step if doing so does not distance her from an enemy which she considers significantly higher priority than the enemy triggering Blurred Step. Caim will use Guardian's Counter at the first opportunity.

If Caim's Combat Challenge is triggered by a melee attack from a credible threat, she will use Eldritch Strike as her Melee Basic Attack, and on a hit she will slide the attacker away from the target to invalidate the triggering attack.

If Caim can make a Melee Basic Attack outside of her turn against a credible threat (if her Combat Challenge is triggered by a shift, for example) and she has Power Points remaining, she will spend 1 to augment Twisted Eye to use in place of her MBA. If she has no Power Points remaining, she will use Eldritch Strike. Note that Blurred Step and Combat Challenge may both activate at the same trigger.

Enemies are not credible threats if I am aware that their ability to move and act freely is far less harmful to the party than is that of other monsters on the board. Caim would not use Eldritch Strike on a Minion when she also has a Skirmisher marked, for example.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Merri sheds her hat and loosens her cloak once she gets inside the cave. Protected from the sunlight, she is surprisingly not bothered by the cold. Merri cautiously approaches the cave, rapier in hand.

[sblock=initiative 20] 1d20+3 → [17,3] = (20) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Pliantreality

First Post
OOC: Nalkyr on Map. Surges/hp correct.

[sblock=Stats]
AC: 18 Fort: 15 Ref: 16 Will: 11
(Rhythm Blade included Above)
Init: +3
HP: 25 HS: 3 SV: 6
Speed: 6 AP: 1
Saving Throws: +5 vs. Charmed
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Since I climbed into Marrgash's backpack, I'm sharing his position, whatever it'll be. Combat stats are up to date.

[sblock=Statblock]El Chupacabra (or the Horrible Creature in the bird cage) - Pixie monk 1
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC:20 Fort:14 Ref:16 Will:12
HP: 28/28 THP: 0 Bloodied: 14 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 6/10
Speed: 4 walking, 6 flying (max altitude 1), AP: 1
Melee Basic Attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6+1 or 1d8 (unarmed)

Powers:
Fallen Needle, Five Storms
Swift River Floods, Pixie dust, Shadow Wrought weapon, Shrink
Steel Avalanche[/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
OOC: On the map. Can I check that the pool is at the highest elevation in the cave (so essentially there's a wall behind the Yeti?

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: I totally forgot that we need to determine who has what potions/alchemy supplies we found.

I believe Caim took the potion of clarity
el Chupacabra took the tanglefoot bags

after the last fight, Merri would want at least one of the alchemist fire potions

who has the potions of cure light wounds (2) and healing (1)?

Son of Meepo

First Post
The yeti place the dragon down next to him. It raises its gangly arms in the air to appear more menacing and then snarls, obviously unhappy that its home has been disturbed.

[sblock=Start of Turn Reminder]Remember to roll an athletics or endurance check at the start of your turn. If you fail, roll a d8 for direction of the push (1 is towards the top of the map, and go clockwise from there) and move yourself that many squares. Remember if you are slid across the ice, you have to make an acrobatics check or get knocked prone.[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]Monsters: 14
Lenyara: 23
Caim: Initiative (1d20+1=18)
Merri: 20
Marrgash: Initiative (1d20-1=15)
Nalkyr: Initiative (1d20+3=23)
Chupacabra: Initiative (1d20+5=19)
Ilex: 1d20=18

So everyone goes before the monsters.[/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
Marrgash glowers at the Yeti and White Dragon as the wind howls around him. Knowing that there is no chance to negotiate on this matter, he is quick to draw his wand, a trick up his sleeve that he hopes will see him well for this fight. The wind howls and his cloak billows behind him, but he stands firm against it.

Marrgash gives a quick flick of his wand, and a torrent of fire, now familiar to his companions, engulfs the two creatures defending the Heart.

[sblock=Actions]
Start of Turn: See if Marrgash gets blown about: Endurance +2 DC13
Standard: Argent Flame centered on N5, targetting both the Yeti and White Dragon
Yeti, +5 vs Reflex: Miss
White Dragon +5 vs Reflex: Hit - 9 fire damage
[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]
Marrgash Samanga - Male Dragonborn Bard 1
Initiative: +0, Passive perception: 16, Passive Insight: 12
AC:17 Fort:12 Ref:13 Will:16
HP: 27/27 Bloodied: 13 Surge value: 8 Surges/day: 9
Speed: 5 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +

Powers: Vicious Mockery, Staggering Note
Majestic Word (x2), Argent Flame, Words of Friendship, Dragon Breath, Shout of Triumph
Stirring Shout[/sblock]
OOC: I've not included any fire vulnerability damage, but I'm hopeful that the White Dragon might have some...

Last edited:

Remove ads