Wizards of the Coast Employees Walk Out Over Hasbro's 'Tone-Deaf' Response to Overturning of Roe v. Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
So, what, people are mad because they didn't agree hard enough?
The above, your statement, is what I’m referring to as framing the issue as a discussion between valid points of view.
And, no, I don't think that it frames the issue that way, unless there is something I am misunderstanding.
It’s not about agreement. You don’t say that someone who thinks that you aren’t really a person “disagrees” with you. It isn’t a “disagreement”, and when that person is in power, the silence of others is not a case of “not agreeing hard enough”. “Both sides” rhetoric and waffling, talking about respecting others’ regardless of political views as a response to something like what just happened, validates the position in question as a potentially reasonable stance.

This isn’t tax policy. It’s human rights.

This isn’t tax policy. It’s human rights.
This is where I draw the line. I am pro choice. My company immediately added the benefit needed to pay for travel to do this procedure and the statement was stronger that Hasbros.

This does not mean that well held points of views of others are invalid. The act of granting the extra rights to have an abortion tilts against and is harsh news to those that oppose it. Many of those people that oppose it are women,

To ask that people be decent to each other is not tone deaf and is not about one side with the only human rights argument and the other side is not. It is especially important to be decent to each other when passions are enflamed.

The affected employees were protected. There was zero need to Hasbro to go political over it.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
This is where I draw the line. I am pro choice. My company immediately added the benefit needed to pay for travel to do this procedure and the statement was stronger that Hasbros.

This does not mean that well held points of views of others are invalid. The act of granting the extra rights to have an abortion tilts against and is harsh news to those that oppose it. Many of those people that oppose it are women,

To ask that people be decent to each other is not tone deaf and is not about one side with the only human rights argument and the other side is not. It is especially important to be decent to each other when passions are enflamed.

The affected employees were protected. There was zero need to Hasbro to go political over it.
There is no non-political stance.

Politeness is not sacred, and absolutely can sometimes be detrimental. Abortion isn’t “extra rights”, it is a human right. Replying further to the rest of your post would require arguing specific political philosophies and policies, so I won’t, except to address the end.

Clearly some of their employees disagree. That’ll happen when a person is being threatened, and those around you don’t spe

Recently a guy told my boss to her face that she was just in a bad mood because she wasn’t “getting any”. My male coworker who was helping the guy said nothing. Sav can take care of herself, but he should have spoken up, told the guy that it wasn’t an acceptable thing to say at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads