• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards Transitioning to a new community site 9/9

darjr

I crit!
Tempest_Stormwind at the WotC Community forums posted that this google search works.

site:community.wizards.com/go/ KEYWORD

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Ouch, man. Good luck, Trevor!

h71432E11

darjr said:
I feel bad for WotC_Trevor

Jester Canuck said:

Shemeska said:
I feel bad for WotC_Trevor.

D'karr said:
I do feel sorry for Trevor

Morrus said:
Yeah, Trevor's one of the good guys

LETS GET T-SHIRTS!

feelbadfortrevorshirt.png

havin' forum troubles? I feel bad for you, son. I've got 99 problems, but a glitch ain't one

I can't help but remember the last major forums upgrade, when they added blogs and wikis.
Everyone hated it, started calling the site WizBook and complained that if they wanted social networking options they'd "still have a Facebook account." And many others bitched about how they were working on website features and not the Character Builder or VTT.

I also remember purposely deciding to start a blog at that time. In a direct response to the negative feedback. To take advantage of the new system.
As a result of that blog I got work on Dragon magazine, was interviewed as a playtester, and more.

The moral of the story: sometimes it pays to embrace change and learn how to work a new system.

thorian

Explorer
I've seen WotC mention that the change had to happen rather quickly, and they would have liked more time, but I have been unable to find the reason. Does anyone have insight into why they had to change the forums so quickly without time to test, etc.?

adamc

First Post
The one they had back in 2005 was just dandy.

The new one blows serious chunks.
That would be accurate. I cannot figure out why they did this, and, given that they were going to do it, why they didn't test more. It's going to give a lot of people a horrible impression of WoTC and their competence.

Then again, thinking of the insane implementation of their online tools in Silverlight, maybe it's par for the course.

darjr

I crit!
Looks like they've made a bunch of headway. The forums are sorting by latest update (not just latest post, unfortunately, but this is a TON better) and the format isn't as eye searingly with wasted space. And it's much faster.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads