• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Women in 4E

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Geron Raveneye said:
Oh come on...it's not Weapon of the Gods...it's not even really Exalted. And it's not Diablo II or WoW either, is it? :lol:

I didn't say that I would. Just that people would. Check out the "find me anime" thread for examples.

-The Gneech :cool:

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
The_Gneech said:
I didn't say that I would. Just that people would. Check out the "find me anime" thread for examples.

Huh, if I'd go with some of those, Tiffany would be anime, too. Big eyes? Check. Aliens? Check. Talking furries? Check. Complex storylines with silly inserts? Check. Only missing a SD character screaming "kawaiiiiii" or "segoiiii" now and then. :lol:

Geron Raveneye said:
FemaleHeroKnight.jpg

Or this?

http://www.warhammeronline.com/newsletter/images/2006/knightsun_02.jpg

Any differences? Same thing?

If it was Lady Linth there, we'd have seen about eight times as many Paladins in 3E, not so much because she was "less sexaaay", but because that's a far more excitingly drawn and interesting character that old brown-armoured bore who doesn't even look like 99.999% of Paladin characters.

Also, dual-wielding on a Pally is way cool.

Darth Shoju

First Post
Ruin Explorer said:
If it was Lady Linth there, we'd have seen about eight times as many Paladins in 3E, not so much because she was "less sexaaay", but because that's a far more excitingly drawn and interesting character that old brown-armoured bore who doesn't even look like 99.999% of Paladin characters.

Also, dual-wielding on a Pally is way cool.

I agree. Why does Exalted get art of this quality, while D&D gets art the quality of the 3E Iconics? (though some of them do look good, and certainly there is plenty of nice 3E art -- I'm just sayin' is all...)

As far as my opinion on this much debated matter: give me practicality, "realism", and (basically) family-friendly art, with the occasional cheesecake/beefcake (contemplative sorceress, lounging bard, etc...) and I'll be happy.

EDIT: I should mention that this is what I look for in a game that is supposed to have as broad an appeal as D&D. Different games can certainly have different aesthetics and can be as raunchy as they wish (I'm quite fond of more adult-oriented art, I would just rather have D&D more pg-13 than R)

Last edited:

The_Gneech

Explorer
Geron Raveneye said:
Huh, if I'd go with some of those, Tiffany would be anime, too. Big eyes? Check. Aliens? Check. Talking furries? Check. Complex storylines with silly inserts? Check. Only missing a SD character screaming "kawaiiiiii" or "segoiiii" now and then. :lol:

Tiffany from Suburban Jungle? Heck yeah, she's anime-influenced, that's no secret. In fact, I've had long talks with my colorist about getting that anime look.

Rechan

Adventurer
Hookay, now that I returned to this thread after letting it sit for three days. :)

I've only got two real comments.

1) I looked at the horse/goat headed pics earlier. As the resident furry (Yeah, I can sense your respect for me being cranked down a few pegs now), I will say these are... not titillating. Trust me, when it comes to drawing anthros, even men, in titillating manner, those don't come close.

2) It still surprises me that people like Lidda. Her face, it always looked decrepit to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads