• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wookie Padawan

DMAC

First Post
Added color to an old pencil drawing of a Wookie padawan to explain Photoshop coloring to someone:

wookiecolor.jpg

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Darren Calvert is my hero.

now that that's off my chest, Nice piece! Since I can't colour to save my life, I'm jealous of missing that tutorial. I need to sit down with some of my Photoshop gurus at some point... friend of mine did the colouring for the reissued Conan comics, all in photoshop of course.

Ferret

Explorer
I like it, but I don't. It is really good, but something, maybe it's a bit cartoonish..... I dunno, it doesn't matter.

Well its a nice job even if I don't fully appreciate it. :p

Tanager

Bobitron said:
Nice work, D. The lightsaber looks excellent.

The lightsaber is the easy part. What impresses me most here is the rendering of the light on the character.

Normally I'm not a big fan of cartoon styled character sketches, but DMAC, your skill at both drawing and digital coloring always impresses me.

The green tunic makes it look much, much better.

Curious question for you...how'd you do that lightsaber effect? I know there are tons of different methods, just wondering which one you use.

DMAC

First Post
I make a new layer for the beam, create the shape and fill it with the color of the blade, then do an inner glow from the center in white and an outer glow in the color of the blade.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads