• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Word of Life and Pacifist Healer

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Do the extra d6's from Pacifist Healer become d8's?
From the reading it sounds like yes it might?

Word of Life (Miracle Worker) (11th level): When you use your healing word power, you roll d8s instead of d6s for the additional hit points restored.

Pacifist Healer (feat): When you use a divine power that allows a target to spend a healing surge, the target regains additional hit points equal to 1d6 + your Charisma modifier. The additional hit points increase to 2d6 + your Charisma modifier at 11th level, and to 3d6 + your Charisma modifier at 21st level.
Also, whenever you hit or miss a bloodied enemy and deal damage to it, you are stunned until the end of your next turn.

Last edited:

Nichwee

First Post
I would think not.
I would assume the use of the term "the additional hit points" as opposed to "any additional ...." would suggest it only refers to the additional hit points granted by the stated effect.

Not sure if RAW would make the distinction, but I would definately assume that was the intent. Otherwise all feats and items that can add additional healing to a heal power would get quite a perk from this - and those sorts of things are good enough tbh.

Riastlin

First Post
I'm with Nichwee on this. Word of Life modifies Healing Word. Pacifist Healer is something that triggers, in part, on a Healing Word (as well as on other powers), but is not a part of the Healing Word power. That being said, you still get to use Pacifist Healer with Healing Word and now you'll be healing even more damage, but I think Pacifist Healer still only gives a d6. You would need an ability, feat, power, etc. that modifies Pacifist Healer to increase the HP recovered by that feat.

twilsemail

First Post
I seem to recall WotC removing the Divine keyword from Healing Word. Am I misremembering*?

*This isn't sarcasm... I have the memory of Sam Beckett, if Sam were also a goldfish.

Riastlin

First Post
I seem to recall WotC removing the Divine keyword from Healing Word. Am I misremembering*?

*This isn't sarcasm... I have the memory of Sam Beckett, if Sam were also a goldfish.

I don't recall that, but they did nerf Healer's Lore to apply only to powers that allow the target to spend a healing surge.

Smurtis

First Post
The Pacifist Healer feat is in addition to whatever you use as a healing power. The fact it is using d6's is a mere coincidence to the power in question... If the pacifist healer feat provided a d10 plus stat as a bonus, you wouldnt reduce it to d8's, right? So by paragon and taking that path, your Healing Word should look something like:

healing surge + 3d8 +wis + 2d6+cha + items

Still far more powerful than any other class out there.

twilsemail

First Post
Healing Word did indeed have the Divine keyword removed in Essentials.... it isn't clear if that was intentional though.

I think it was in the stealth update around september that they stated you should remove the Divine keyword from the PHB Cleric's Healing Word. I can't access the WotC site from work or I'd quote something from there.

Remove ads