World at war IC

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rickol stumbles onto stage and falls into a roll before rolling all the way up to his feet. Just then, his sister's words register in his head.

<Oh no, not this bit again.>

But it's too late. The two of them have practiced this stunt too many times for his body to not know what to do. He runs into a jump high into the air with two of his own daggers and knocks all but one of the daggers into the air. The remaining dagger lands abruptly, blade down, perfectly vertical to the stage. With another few jumps and slices, each dagger lands onto the hilt of the previous.

When four daggers have made a tower, Rickol takes a bow and looks quizzically at his sister. "Wait, how many--" Just then, Icarus flies by, dropping the final dagger at Ross's feet, blade down.

With a flourish, Rickol pulls out the rest of his daggers and tosses them in a similar fashion to his sister, "The terrific ten-toed tiny twins! We each have all ten of our toes, though they're not all still attached to our feet."

He watches as his sister reacts, ready to grab daggers from the tower, to toss more at her at the appropriate times. They end up juggling all nine daggers between the two of them, with Icarus flying through at odd intervals.

They each pull off some acrobatics, but the finale comes with Rossarrell juggling all nine daggers high into the sky, and Rickol runs behind her and jumps over her, not being touched by a single dagger.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
As the twins perform, they get the feeling that though they are do an excelent job, its not something a croud of soldiers away from home want to see. As they end, there are still a few cheers and a few coins thrown to the stage.

Meanwhile, behind the Stage Jaceth straps on his armor and haversack.
"Alright, I figure the Bard and the Wizard are going to have their fullest attention, so this is our best chance to make sure that there's no pursuit when we leave. I'm going after their horses, anybody with me?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb nods to Jaceth, "Yes, do what you can, I'll try to keep them entralled."

Once the other performers are finished, Orb will step on stage, with her harp and a chair. She'll find a good spot to set it down, and have a seat. She smiles to the crowd as she redies her harp, one of her legs peeking out from under her dress.

As she begins, she starts a slow song, playing the harp expertly. Imagery almost seems to flow from the instrument as she plays, and becomes even more powerful as she begins to sing.

The performance continues for quite a while. She does what she can to entrall the crowd, including a singing number where she dances lithely around the stage, and occasionaly glances back to back stage for any signs that she can finish.

OOC: She has more, but this should keep them busy for a while. Fascinate.

Mallak

First Post
Backstage, Rossarrell begins preparing for her real performance. Using her little steel mirror, she pulls out a bag and begins applying various creams and lotions to her face and hands, even dusting the bottoms of her shoes with some sort of powder. She tucks a few more items into her clothes before turning to her brother and announcing in a very serious voice, "This shall be my greatest performance."

Mallak

First Post
Rossarrell sticks her tongue out at Jaceth's back.

[sblock=OOC]I believe Rossarrell is going to use her camoflauge kit to gain a +2 to Hide, but I need to check the rules and see if that's how that works. She'll be bringing along her climber's kit, MWK Thieve's Tools, blend cream, softfoot, suregrip, a healer's balm, antitoxin, small mirror, and lockslip grease, as well as her usual assortment of weapons and items.[/sblock]

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
As Orb takes the stage, the croud's cheering goes up dramaticaly. As she prepares her harp, the volume from the croud continues to climb. as soon as the first note leaves the harp though, its as if death himself had hit the camp, every soldier almost holding his breath. the only sound that can be heard is Orb's harp. The croud seems totaly enthralled by orbs performance.

[sblock=Rossarrell] thats fine, but to get a bonus like that your most likely painting up your face, so while it will help, if anybody notices you, your probably gonna have a bit of explaning to do[/sblock]
Map here

Last edited:

"Alright, let's hurry while Orb's got their attention." Jaceth urges Asirra into a trot and rushes at the stables.

[sblock=OOC]Two quick questions, are there any guards at the stables? And where are the horses? A picket line? A corral? Inside individual Stalls?[/sblock]

Remove ads