World at war IC

Mallak

First Post
Rossarrell limbers up, working her daggers through her hands and getting her body ready for tumbling. "Hey, Rickol, let's do that thing we did when the Baron's cousin visited for the second to last time."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rickol gives a blank look at her sister. <All those visits run together for me... and it was so long ago...> He strains to remember, "Was that... the one where I run at you and you toss me up over you into a double flip while you do a backflip under me?" He shakes his head, "No, I think that was for the Duke's brother's visit..." He smiles as he remembers the pockets picked that night--they made a bit of money then.

Jaceth swallowed a few butterflies as he and Asirra walked up onto the stage. He'd put some thought into his routine, as well as asking advice from Orb during their less active moments, and decided that his lack of acting skill and tendency to be ludicrously flamboyant suited a comedy act. In addition he felt it would be helpful to allay suspicion about just how powerful Asirra might be.

So as he stepped up on the stage he was wearing brightly colored maroon outfit scrounged from the boxes, along with a mustard yellow hat that looked absolutely horrible. He stepped up and began his routine.

"Ladies. . . er, lady, and Gentlemen! Behold the art of the greatest animal-trainer on the planet! I, the legendary Jaceth, famed across the universe, nay the multiverse! for my skills will now condescend to demonstrate to you. . ."

At this point, obeying his subtle signals, Asirra urinated on his legs.

"Why you dumb beast! Do you not know that I am the almighty and legendary-"

At which point Asirra pulled Jaceth's hat off and chewed it up, increasing his appearance by a hundred percent.

"How dare you! I shall show you the true mastery of man over animal, the fine art of riding!"

And so Jaceth mounted Asirra, who promptly went into a flurry of bucking, rolling, and jumping as much as a dozen feet into the air. Jaceth showed himself completely unable to stay in the saddle, often running along her back, holding onto the tail, upside down across the belly, or winding up facing backwards on her neck. Somehow, however, he never fell off.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Orb chuckles from behind stage, breaking her nervous smile she's been bearing the entire time.

"Rik, you're up next. Rickol, Ross, you're up after Rik," Orb says.

She nervously leans down between the two halflings, "Are you sure you want me to distract the captain in ... that way?"

JonnyFive

First Post
Jaceth, as you mount the stage, you are meet by disaprovial. you can hear calls again for the pretty lady. Thankfully nobody seems to be at the point to throw rotten fruit at you, although you can see a few of the souldiers do have some.

As soon as Asirra deficates on you, a few of the cat calls for Orb stop, and when she(?) eats your hat, the croud is rolling in laughter. the next 20 minuets are spent in a flurry of complexe riding tricks and comical acts, including you at one point haning from Asirra's mouth. by the end of your routien, everyone seems to have forgoten about Orb and there are a few coins on the stage, thrown by more entertained or impressed souldiers.

Mallak

First Post
Orb said:
She nervously leans down between the two halflings, "Are you sure you want me to distract the captain in ... that way?"

"No, I think that ship has sailed. When it comes time, you just keep these soldiers up for as long as possible."

Bront

The man with the probe
Mallak said:
"No, I think that ship has sailed. When it comes time, you just keep these soldiers up for as long as possible."
"I thought... after the show....," Orb stops and breaths a sigh of relief. "I'll do what I can."

"You'll do great Orb." Jaceth comments from the steps as he peels off the fouled leggings from he costume. "If they got that much of a chuckle out of a dinosaur peeing they'll go crazy for you. Incidentally how are we splitting up the gold they're throwing up on the stage? I didn't expect that but I suppose we should just put it into some sort of emergency fund since all of us aren't acting and won't have a chance to get any."

Mallak

First Post
"Well, I guess we're next," Ross says before giving her brother a hearty shove in the center of his back, propelling him out onto the stage. She follows him after a beat with a back hand spring into a vault from his shoulders culminating in a simple double back flip. She turns to the audience with a smile and projects, "Greetings, fair audience! You are in the presence of the incredible, irrepressible Brondarelli Twins!" As she speaks, knives seem to fly into her hands as she juggles them in a high cascade. "Watch in wall-eyed wonder as my daring double deftly dodges deadly daggers!" She tosses five daggers up all at once, aimed to peak high over Rickol's head before falling down at him.

[sblock=Possible Useful Skills]Balance +12, Jump +9, Perform(all) +3, Sleight of Hand +20, Tumble +14[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads