• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World at war IC

Mallak

First Post
Rossarrell scans of schedule, her analytical mind furiously crunching the numbers. "Hmm...Poor recruit, seems he couldn't remember his schedule." She hands the paper to Rickol. "If we have to go in tonight, which it seems we do, we'd better get some rest now. Rickol and I can go on stage first; that should give us extra time to rest up and be prepared to go in just before dawn." Rossarrell glances around. "We need to plan, and we shouldn't do it standing around out here in the open. Why don't we go 'backstage'?" She grins slightly, admiring the stage to boys have set up.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Rickol, agreeing with his sister, meets everyone backstage.

"So, maybe we should try to have the entertainment last as long as possible--if everyone is groggy from staying up late, they'll be easier to sneak past."

Jdvn1

Rickol raises a brow, "Well, if you can distract everyone for long enough, then the rest of us could save the guy on our own."

Mallak

First Post
"All right, so we have half a plan. Those who can perform go on early, then Orb distracts everyone with her stunning good looks and magical voice for as long as possible while we rest up. If she's as good as she claims, the first shift change after Orb finishes will put tired, groggy, unalert guards on duty. Then, Orb takes a catnap while we go in. I think we've got several ways other than through the front door to accomplish that. It'd be nice to have a layout of the place ahead of time -- say, if someone could get themselves invited in to see the commander --" Ross glances at Orb again, "-- and also to know how many people are wandering around in there. Barring that, we go in cold, find the dungeon, fight the guards if we have to, rescue the guy, and get out the way we got in. We'll pick up Orb and, with a little luck, we'll put this place to heels by dawn." She thinks for a moment. "Depending on how the rescue goes, we may need Orb to talk us out of here, too.

As for getting in..."
She folds her left arm across her chest and with her other hand taps her lips in thought. "Rickol and I should have no trouble hitting the roof. I think we might be able to rig a ladder for the big folks, too. Otherwise, we could launch a surprise attack on the front door from inside, but that might draw too much unwanted attention.

Here's a thought: once most of the soldiers are in their barracks resting up, can anyone think of a way to lock them in? Bars on the door from the outside or something?"

Jaceth finishes up building the stage and heads for the group, catching the details as he approaches.
"I'd be willing to go first as a performer. I think you're right and Orb should go last.

I've inspected their horses. They're not purebred but they're very fast looking beasts. We cannot outrun them with a wagon, and a possibly sick hostage in tow. We need a plan to disable or, though I'd hate to do it, kill the horses before we go so they can't pursue us easily."

Jdvn1

Rickol nods, "Or, we can take their horses.

"What I'm concerned about is getting out, not getting in. If we have to fight any guards, there's a good chance that they'll yell and alert other guards in the area. We may have to worry about all the guards in this place. It would be nice if we could prepare a distraction, just in case. Light a fire somewhere, or have an explosion... something to make the guards stop pursuit and worry about other things."

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Tommy seaty from building the stage meanders over to the group, "Well our stage is built, though I don't know what is happening with our little plan. I only caught a little on my way over here. From what I heard they got horses, fast ones at that. How we getting our man out? Did the little ones get us some keys?"

Tommy gets some water and begins to rinse off as the others bring him up to speed.
"So we are breaking in after we bar the guards in... This seems very flimsy. Why not use part of the stage to block the door? I mean we got all this wood why not use it?" Tommy thinks a second, "We got any alcohol, there are 2 things we can use this for: first the guards could be softened up, and second we could use them as fun little cocktails that utilize a small amount fire."

Remove ads