• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

World Builders (Group 2)

WarShrike

First Post
Can't say i've seen any Capital One commercials recently, but any commercial featuring cats rules. :)

Ok, Pitch #3: Basicly a recap of what i liked best of #1 and #2.

The world orbits the sun, but does not rotate (much like our own moon), therefore, one hemisphere is eternally light (barring the infrequent lunar eclipses) causing plantlife to grow to gigantic proportions, so much so that most races live upon the higher canopies and few (Dwarves excepted) have ever seen the ground. To be noted is that the canopies are so thick that they are basicly solid ground, creating several layers of vast green plains, that get darker the farther down one travels. The other hemisphere is eternally dark, but with enough moon and star light to see by. The dark side would of course be colder and more barren. Snow and tundra would be predominant here. The hemispheres could be named Tropix and Frostfall.

Spontorus

First Post
supported. Cold = Win.

also the reason it reminds me of the commercial is because it had this evil dominator dude making his own card, which is capital ones newest gig, you get to set all the things for your account.

so anyway, he's got like a fleet of destroyers and an evil army. So he starts to make his card deally, and he says he wants a picture of kittens on it, to which his guard type guy replies. "WARKITTENS?!" and he says "No, normal ones, you know cute kittens?... baby cats." Which just seems out of place for an evil overlord. it also made me laugh D:

Last edited:

Asmor

First Post
I will also support WarShrike's pitch #3. I'm still not thrilled with the wonky planetoid, but I really like the idea of a multi-tiered jungle world. One quibble, the world is indeed rotating, as is our moon. It's just rotating such that it always presents the same face to the sun. If it weren't rotating, you'd get an effect where basically every day lasted a year.

I'll work on my pitch and post it ASAP. Hopefully will have something in the next couple hours, but it's 1:30 AM here so I apologize if I can't get it up til after work tomorrow.

Asmor

First Post
Pitch #4:

There are two suns in this world's skies; the Watcher, a bright sun which is always overhead above the dense jungles of the west, and the Sentry, a dimmer sun which rises and sets as usual, giving the world night and day.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Not really....as I understand it, the Watcher is the central sun warshrike was speaking about, while Sentry would be something like a huge moon...that does reflect a little bit of light in order make day and night different, but doesn't provide any warmth. However that was already included by warshirke ("enough moon and star light to see by"), so I feel that it doesn't add much. The moons would eventually rotate and there will be something like a day and something like a night.

Spontorus

First Post
well yeah but if it was a moon he would of defined it as such, not, "another sun", and would that defeat the whole tundra deally? either way, I veto.

Remove ads